Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Dark Soldier Pre-Alpha Remake

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 00:30 Edited at: 11th Jun 2009 15:42
Dark Soldier - Pre Alpha Footage

Designer:
T-rez aka Skynet Games

Made With:
FPS-Creator

Version:
v0.0.1

Best Run On:
Windows XP or Vista AMD or Intel, dual core, 2 gigs ram, faster processor. 2.66ghz (I think that's the highest in today's gigahertz)

Minimum Run:
windows XP, Celeron possessor, CPU, 2.66 GHz, 1 gig of ram.

Current Bugs: Slow FPS, trying to find a way to change it.

Direct Designer Notes:
This game is one of the very few first games i am actually proud of. Even though the FPS is slow, and i don't know how to boost the frame rates. I pretty much have everything set to static mode, accept enemies and the doors. The game runs smoothly but as a slow FPS rate, and i am trying to find sources on how to boost the FPS. The map is semi-big but mostly small consisting of 4 rooms and 1 start point. There is a number of entities i have set as static so there would be much lag. But the frame rate runs like honey, but you gotta think, that's pretty fast for what my computer and the FPS-C game engine can do. So i am proud that it's at least running and allowing me to capture video of it, if you want to see the video footage. Click this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5ThEpxvxYc

Introduction:
The year is 2345 and mankind is once again at war. The battle has been raging for three decades, with no sign of letting up. many people of both sides have forgotten what they where even fighting for. But for some, they realize they need to get away from the fighting and start over. The earth sphere alliance (ESA) has crumbled and it has not turned in to an every man for him self war, frustrated by the ignorance of the former military and militia. The people of earth decide to flee earth and head for the stars, building massive capital class ships they name them for each part of there home country

(NOT RACIST)
The freedom (american people)
The hispania (Hispanic People)
The tokyo (Japanese people)
The Highlander (Scottish/irish people)
The Germania (German People)
The Romania (Romanian People)
The Rush (Russian People)

and so forth. Tired of what the war was doing they decided to make there own new start and head for different parts of space, with the hope of reuniting there people as one, so that every race could live in harmony again with out the threat of war. But now war once again threatens the people of space, rogue militants and defectors from this peace movement formed there own army and naval forces. They now seek to take over the forces that where used to create such harmony.. That was 200 years ago..

NOTE:
This game is not ment to be racist. I got this concept from freelancer the game.

SCREEN SHOTS
Coming soon

DOWNLOAD HERE
Currently in alpha testing

mechzone productions is up and running but going through some tweaks! but check us out
http://www.mechzoneproductions.110mb.com/home.html
Skynet Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 00:57 Edited at: 11th Jun 2009 01:38
Tell me what you guys think of you see the video

I hope you guys like everything.

mechzone productions is up and running but going through some tweaks! but check us out
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 04:12
Your gameplay in the video is 4 frames per second...

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 04:36
It looks kinda un planned: as in: your pipes coming from the wall go through circuit boards under ground. and the framerate is too slow. use S4 mod for better performance
Skynet Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 07:09 Edited at: 11th Jun 2009 07:12
@ bugsy
Ware can i get this S4 mod?

@ the other person i didn't read fast enough.
The game is still in its pre-alpha stages and far from release, i am making videos of the games progress. And as time goes on i will be putting up more screens hots and better videos on the game when the frame rate is smoother, i am taking my time and trying to script as well to bring up some "Hud text displays" When you walk near an object (I.e computer console)

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 08:33
Shouldn't this be in Work in Progress board?

WizMod Supporter.
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 11:39 Edited at: 11th Jun 2009 11:40
Yeah it probly should be. You should consider using a mod with a timer system and also take a look at the optimisation guide, the gameplay is far too slow, but apart from that it looks decent

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 12:29 Edited at: 11th Jun 2009 12:30
Quote: "The Romania (Romanian People)"

LoL

What about China? Aside from the fact they have the largest production industry and global population, they probably made everyone else's ships, so why don't they have one?!*

Quote: "This game is not ment to be racist. I got this concept from freelancer the game."

How could your game be construed as racist?! It's not discriminatory in any way! I guess naming the Japanese ship after one of the cities that america nuked is a little insensitive, but it's not really racist. It's not like you said all the white people went into space and left the ethnic minorities on earth**.

*This point isn't meant to be racist, its a simple fact that economically, China will soon outstrip the west as a global superpower.

**This isn't racist either, it's just illustrating a point.

I want robotic legs.
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 13:08 Edited at: 11th Jun 2009 13:08
A game that runs at 4 frames per second is not a game...It's a slideshow. Seriously, do something about the frame rate. A performance mod should solve your problem.

It's funny how certain FPSC users have created mods to solve issues that the FPSC developers couldn't/didn't solve for four years.

music is like candy - you throw away the rappers
Skynet Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 15:46
i downloaded the S4 mod, but i dont know how to install it. Anyone know how to do that?

BOTB i changed the name of that ship to the tokyo because i see ware you where coming from and i am sorry i didnt notice that sooner.

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 16:22
As far as I know just replace the fpsc-game.exe with the one in the s4Mod download.

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 16:33
Quote: "As far as I know just replace the fpsc-game.exe with the one in the s4Mod download."

Off topic: Come on msn man.

On Topic: Lets see some Screenies man.

WizMod Supporter.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 18:21
Skynet Games,

Work in Progress game project threads do indeed belong in the correct board.

Please re-post in the appropriate board when you have some in game screen shots to show.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 15:32:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 15:32:40