Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Question about modeling software.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 15:17
What's the best, easy, free & noob friendly modeling software to create wall & floor meshes to import it to FPSC via Segment Editor ?

Earn free money online:

2 Rogues
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2009 03:12 Edited at: 12th Jun 2009 03:13
You could use FIRMA http://www.freewebs.com/darkfoil/firmasegmenteditor.htm

Oh! He's soooooooooo foreign!
dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2009 03:28 Edited at: 12th Jun 2009 03:29
Firma's not a modeller. Though there are much better options, if all you want is simple segment editing for noobs might I suggest sketchup(free)?? If you can get it working straight(exporting wise) Other than that it is EXTREMELY simple to use.
note: you'll need a .x exporter though, check the community guide for tutorials on this

Look for me on CoD4 online for PC. My username's Arbiquator (strange I know but it's the first thing that came to mind)

OmarJA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 01:45
SketchUp was pretty easy to use but i'm having some difficulties trying to export the meshes to the segment editor, i use three different .x exporters & none of them export the models right & beside for some reason when i texture the mesh in the segment editor it just give a bland color...

Can somebody help me please?

Earn free money online:

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
One very simple word: Milkshape.

I've been using it for a long time, I actually payed for the full version too. It's only about $30, but it's WELL worth it.

You can also use the not-so-user-friendly Anim8or.

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
OmarJA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 23:32
OK i got MilkShape 3D, can somebody give me a small tutorial on how to create a wall segment?

Earn free money online:

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 03:32 Edited at: 23rd Jul 2009 03:37
Just make a box thats 10 units tall, and 10 units wide, and 1 unit thick. export as an .X file (Retained mode).

UV map it, and texture the model, and just use Segment Editor to make it FPSC ready.

See attachment.

Try these out as well. http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=131537&b=24

In the Universe, nothing ever stays the same.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
OmarJA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 15:00
Thanks cosmic it works but i don't want these boring flat walls i can import them from from the mesh folder...

I've made a nice looking complex wall in GoogleSketch exported to MilkShape & exported again to FPSC & it still doesn't work properly but the walls i create in Milkshape are working why?!

Earn free money online:

Dr Parsnips
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2009 01:50
Quote: "Thanks cosmic it works but i don't want these boring flat walls i can import them from from the mesh folder...

I've made a nice looking complex wall in GoogleSketch exported to MilkShape & exported again to FPSC & it still doesn't work properly but the walls i create in Milkshape are working why?!"

This is usualy because using multiple exports tends to make model react in different ways. Each export leaves its own mark on the model and these can be read in different ways by different programs. Its best to learn how to model in milkshape and export from there. A tried and tested route that many users on these forums use. There are pleanty of tutorials around and even some on my site! Hope this helps!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 19:21:11
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 19:21:11