Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Help! I did a game but...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 18:12
Hi
I created a game, that i saved in a folder game.
But when I play my game its very slooooow.
In the file in attachment there is a screen of the game:
1) Principal level
2) The level going up
3) The level going down (under.

How i can to make my game for play speedy???

FPS creator

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 18:49
one word- s4mod

OR

4 words- get a good computer
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 19:12
To elaborate on Bugsy's comment, the speed your game will play depends on several things. How big your level is, how many objects you have in the level, how many characters you have in the level, how many polys said objects consist of, use of dynamic lighting over static lighting, and so on. In this case, the lower those amounts, the faster your game will play.

As Bugsy suggested, you can purchase mods here on the forum that will enhance FPS Creator's performance (they even provide more features such as iron sights for your weapons, duel weilding weapons, and so on). You can keep your level exactly how it is now, but with a mod your game's speed will noticably increase. You can pay $20 for a mod, or $1,000 for a decent computer. Either one will speed up you games.

-Kravenwolf

Success is not final--failure is not eternal.
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 23:04
Quote: "one word- s4mod"

What does that do ? Stop the lag when too many entiteis are placed ? Cause that would be very usefull.

There is nothing to fear in life , Exsept Ur Mum !
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2009 00:05 Edited at: 12th Jun 2009 00:05
It uses a thing called a timer system which speeds up or slows down character animations and how fast the character moves etc..., depending on how fast or slow the game is running on that machine. So it will help your games performance when there are lots of entities, although there are other things you can do to help.

Any object that doesnt need to be moved etc... make it static rather than dynamic, this way scripts for this object dont have to be loaded and read. Dont make large areas, dont use many enemies, turn of any unnecessary object physics, turn of shader effects and dynamic lighting if they are not needed. Things like this will help speed up your gameplay, whether you are using a mod or not, although mods sure do make a massive difference sometimes.

Any way hope that helps you

Wizzkid

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 15:33:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 15:33:10