Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Castle Siege [MiniGame]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2009 13:39 Edited at: 13th Jun 2009 01:44
Castle Siege is a game which involves the player to protect the castle from the incoming enemies that are trying to destroy it. The game is a Hack and Slash with one AOE ability for you to use, and the player can choose to play 1 out of 4 difficulty modes.

This is my first published game using DarkGDK yay. I made this game in just under a week, except for the models and animation which I've done in another project; Just re-using asets. There are a few bugs and the death animation got buged up but I know why. Unfortunately I don't think I will be working on this any more because firstly I've moved on to another game, and I would have to re-write most of the code to fix up the issues. Maybe I might come back to work on it, just depends on the feedback.

Download Link:
http://files.filefront.com/13890800

Please feel free to visit my website and have a go with my other games I have worked on. http://afishstudios.webs.com/games.htm

Thanks Heeps and have fun!
Clyde
qwe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2009 18:30
there is an ad on top of the download link, and it wont go away :/
AFishStudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2009 01:16
@ que

That's weird, because I don't see any ad's. Maybe my anti ad software blocks it.

So I added the game as an attachment to this post, for others who have the same problems.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Raybrite2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2009 02:29
This program downloads as a .rar file and cannot be opened by any program I have.
If it is complied into a .exe or Dbp I can get it.
Raybrite2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2009 03:35
I fixed that problem with winrar.
Sorry. My fault with my computer software.
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 20:22
Not to shabby. Kinda hard trying to figure out what your hitting and if your getting hit back, but good attempt. I was able to beat each level of difficulty by just strafing in a circle around the enemies and swinging. I'm not sure if the AOE was actually working because I never saw more then one enemy actually die.

Good luck with your next game.

feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
AOE works... but you gotta be close.

I ran off the edge of the map after the badguys were killed. There was one major bug though... not so much so a bug as user error... the screen where Esc is quit and Return is continue should say "Press Return to quit and Esc to stay where you are." In other words, there's no way to continue.

There are more things working in that demo than I've put together in any full project... and I know C++ is way more code than DBP, so I must say this: Good job man.

Signed
------
AFishStudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 12:02
Quote: "the screen where Esc is quit and Return is continue should say "Press Return to quit and Esc to stay where you are." In other words, there's no way to continue."

Woops

Thanks for the good comments from both Josh and Feiting, makes me motivated to keep working on my new project.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 18:31:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 18:31:19