Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / some questions regarding game protection

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2009 20:27
hey everyone
am gonna be publishing my first game soon and I have couple of question about protection..
I read about many softwares including Phoenix and I see that they have serial numbers for the distributed games, my question is that enough? couldn't someone who already bought the game upload and redistribute the serial along with it? or is it controlled by sth?
TY

~Level my Dragon~[/url]
Best Wishes..
Bibo4PC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 01:00
bump

~Level my Dragon~[/url]
Best Wishes..
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 01:06 Edited at: 17th Jun 2009 01:16
EDIT: I probably shouldn't say that. To keep it short, no. As long as the internet exists, there is no full-proof way to protect your game from being redistributed.

Kravenwolf

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 03:33
I've thought about this issue, and I think I have come up with one foolproof way. It would require coding and wouldn't be possible for FPSC though.

There's no easy way you can stop pirates from pirating your game if they want to. Just don't make it difficult for your legitimate users to play like some of the big companies do now.

Diggsey: I have a spine and memory, but one memorable guy says he hates me. What am I?
GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 06:02
Cant really protect againts it cuz of hex editors, Compressing the install with upx or some other form of compressions may help to a point. But there is always a way around this. Witch is not good for people like us who work hard on our projects and hope to get it out for sale one day..

===================
InnerCityWar http://Paradoxial.net (Not open yet)
ScreenShots Soon to come
Bibo4PC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 20:57
TY all for replying

~Level my Dragon~[/url]
Best Wishes..
Pozag
Years of Service
User Offline
Since it’s pretty much in the same topic. Does adding a small layer of protection like Pheonix actually higher your loading times? I’m new to FPSC and loading has started to become a huge concern of mine, specially after trying many many FPSC made games where the loading times could attain 10 minutes.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-16 01:26:01
Your offset time is: 2024-10-16 01:26:01