Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC Source Code Question for Modders

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2009 10:25 Edited at: 14th Jun 2009 03:08
Hi,at last,I can make fpsc mod.And I started programming.
So I try to edit the fpsc source code.But It's very huge and so loooong.So first,I compile it.But compile error screen showed up.
I don't know why it show up.Naturally,I'm Newbie in DarkBasic. [Mod Edit: Image was a little too large so I've made it into a link.] http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/341/k20090613587235k.png
And Second Question,I have AirMod6.0 Sourcecode.However,I don't know How I Add The AirMod6.0 to FPSC 115 Sourcecode.
Recently,I add little.I need to your helps.

Your signature has been erased by a mod,why is it way too large?
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2009 10:35
Hmm, its late, and i am tired, but first of all, you should learn DB more before making a complex mod. Wizmod, is being made by a pro, and he doesnt even know how to get that working right either (The airmod.)

Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2009 10:40
Do you have the latest updates for DBP, and the DarkLights plugin?

Paul

puppysss
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2009 11:07
Oops.. So,What need plugins for Editing Fpsc Source?,except DarkLights.

Umm..

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2009 12:22
You will need U7.4 of Dark Basic Professional in order to compile the source code. You will also need to properly set up your plugins folders (as per the readme included in the Extras download that you got the source from)

Follow instructions and it should work.

The one and only,

puppysss
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2009 13:54 Edited at: 14th Jun 2009 03:09
Thanks Plystire!
I setup plugins and patch.
But It have many problems still.

like this ...

[Mod Edit: Image was a little too large so I've made it into a link.] http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7160/k20090613712891.png

How I add AirMod6.0 to FPSC115V?

Tempest
Years of Service
User Offline
i would like an answer to this as well, as I am planning on making a mod for personal, or commercial, use.

tempestgames.tk
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2009 14:17
First of all good luck with your mod, second of all good luck in implementing airmod 0.6 it is very hard to do! I have tried and i still have many problems with it..

Anyway, from what i can see a variable has been declared in the wrong type. At the start of the code there are many variables declared, airmod changes many variables types so if they are wrong they can cause errors. I cant really help as I cant see your code but that is what is causing the problem from what i can see.

Hope it helps

Wizzkid

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2009 23:11
I have seen this error before, and from what I recall it was due to a couple things:
1) Make sure any functions you're using on that line are properly declared AND recognized by the compiler. If the function isn't recognized, it may assume that it is an array instead.

2) Before attempting to compile AirMod in the newest DBP version, you'll need to port it to the V1.15 source, which means that you'll need to find all of the changes that Airslide made to the source and put them intot he V1.15 code.

Have fun with that.

The one and only,

Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2009 05:20
Airslide has remmed all the code he has changed or added for airmod. Instead of looking through until you find all the stuff, just seach "Airmod" over and over again, and implement around the same parts.
Its truly not as easy as it sounds.

Eidos!
OmarJA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2009 00:38
Can i add the code for bloom effects easily via DarkBASIC Pro, compile it & use it right away ?

Earn free money online:

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2009 00:57
Bloom is not easy to add, and also greatly reduces the speed of your game play!

puppysss
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 14:47
New Questions...

-What does make bloom to very low frame? And What is reason of that?
-Can I make bloom for high frame?
-By the way,Can I make bloom effect? If I can do it, What is principles of that maiking bloom effect?
-#constant is #define in C language?
-What is data type of bloom's variables,kewords,arrays,types,etc?
-What is form?

Thanks for FPSC MODDERS

Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 20:45
I am no fpsc modder, i only delved into DBP a little and i will try and answer some of the questions.

1.It causes the frame rate to drop as it is rendering an advanced shader, with lots of detail, and passes etc, this takes up a lot of physical memory and thus it begins to slow

2.There a couple things you could do, add in timers for your mod, also better PC specs like a better processor, more RAM, and better graphics card will help make the game run faster.

3.Yes bloom is very possible, but it is very hard to add for the very experienced coders.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2009 03:16
Contrary to Asteric's first explanation, the reason Bloom slows your game down a lot is because the conventional method of doing it requires many unnecessary renders.

However, that can be negated by making a better Bloom that uses a higher pixel shader version, thus allowing you to use multiple passes WITHOUT having to re-render the target.
Now, that will solve your multiple rendering issues, but by increasing the pixel shader version of the shader, you thus eliminate everyone who CAN'T use that pixel shader version from using your Bloom.

The one and only,

puppysss
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2009 04:36
Thanks!

So,Can I add HDR effect to FPSC in Ultimate Shader Pack?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-16 01:26:42
Your offset time is: 2024-10-16 01:26:42