Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / error: file not found "<d3dx9.h>"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hello, i have recently downloaded this software, and i attempted to make a basic 2D game to see how it works. however, when i compiled the template, i received the error
fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'd3dx9.h': No such file or directory
what is this file, what does it do, where can i get it, and where should it be? any help would be appreciated.

-to the optimist, the glass is half full. to the pessimist, it is half empty, to the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.
AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2009 21:55 Edited at: 14th Jun 2009 21:56
bloodmage2
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, i've downloaded and instaled it before. so where should i extract it to, because obviously i didn't extract it to the right place before.

-to the optimist, the glass is half full. to the pessimist, it is half empty, to the engineer, it is twice as big as it needs to be.
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2009 23:55
The placement shouldn't be critical. The only things that should be observed is that Dark GDK be installed after the Direct X SDK has been installed. In theory the install for GDK should detect where the Direct X SDK is installed and use that directory for creating the wizard that controls the build of your templated code.

Are you using the wizard to initially create your code?

There are probably two dozen threads in this forum that discuss this subject. Best to look them up first.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
danhattan
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all.

I've read through these postings, and as a result, have uninstalled DirectX and Dark GDK, then re-installed to make sure everything was installed in the correct order. (Have already had C++ Visual Express for some months.) However, I still get the error saying that the d3dx9 header file can't be found.

This is the link from which I'm downloading the files: http://gdk.thegamecreators.com/?f=downloads

Any further illumination would be good. Is it necessary to upgrade to the 11/2008 version of Dark GDK?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 03:28:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 03:28:26