Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / A few question please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Everyone,

I’m thinking of buying FPSC as it actually really looks cool for a map maker. So far, my experience has been limited to NWN and RPG maker. I do have some experience on Tech Engines and Unreal Engines but making a single player game on these is often a pain in the ass if you haven’t spent 90 hours doing tutorials after tutorials and usually all made for MP maps.

Before I get this product, I would like to ask a few questions and ensure that I don’t buy this software with a high load of expectation.

Making a single player game:

- Can I add NPCs that will provide dialogue box, give or take items and actually trigger a progression in the level?
- AI seems limited but how limited are we talking about.
- Can you make terminals where the player can interact with and possibly trigger events and such? (nothing complicated but just unlocking a door is a start)
- How big can I make a level?
- Does the player has inventory and can you transport the inventory to various levels attached to the story Arch?
- Can I actually tell a good story via this tool?

And my last question… How advance could a game look?

I’m sure it covers the basic such as oldschool Doom/Wolfenstein. However, can it go up to let’s say Duke Nukem 3D or the tools are powerfull enough to enable you something like Crysis? (I doubt it hehe) however, If I know what I’m getting into, then I can probably craft a story around it.

OOOOOH and last question… can I import my own custom music in OGG, wav or MP3? My main area is music and let’s just say I’m pretty well equip with studio gear so, of course I would probably incorporate my own soundtrack =D

Thank you for you time,
REllU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2009 20:01
the AI is limited yes, but simply coding (NOT required) there is NO limits there is doors, what you can lockup, and unlock in the game with key.

not MASSIVE level, but a nice size, but if you dont get in the map EVERY single entity, you can make quate big level

there is NO inventory, exept the weapons, AND if you learn to script, everything is bossiple!

you can tell whatewer you want in the game, like videos, pictures, etc.

There would be REALLY good graphics, and just make the map, and show to the freands of yours, and they keep wonderin "DID YOU DID THIS!?"

and YES, ofcourse u can put your musics in the game!!
hope this helped you a little.
PS: BYE THE FPS-C, i´m sure, that you dont repent!!
Pozag
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool man, that's pretty much what I wanted to know.
Let's see if I can make something cool
REllU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2009 21:08
nice !
tryed tell all what you wanted (with my english XD )

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 15:26:07
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 15:26:07