Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Idle when not in a dbLoopObject...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi on my other post...http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=152432&b=22... i talk about making the object walk smoother on a button press, now i want to know how to make it idle when it isn't moving, crouching, etc. Thanks so much for the help in the future, past, present!

"A job well done is a well done job."
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2009 03:22
well, first you either need to load the file that contains the "idle" animation, or know the frames when it starts and stops from the current model.

Then, using the code example you were given in your last thread, you would simply add the "dbLoopObject" or "dbPlayObject" at the bottom inside a conditional that checked the is_walking boolean.

if you want to find out how many frames of animation there are in the model, and which frames are which animation, you can write a small app to load your model, and use the command :

"int iTotFrames = dbTotalObjectFrames(ObjID);"

and display the result with a dbText call :

dbText(0, 0, dbStr(iTotFrames)); // will display the var iTotFrames at screen position 0, 0(top left)

... to work out the actual animation frames, which ones start and stop where, you can create an integer variable to display and increment, along with playing a single frame of animation on the model with each keypress(or increment in lots of 10, 100 etc to find the basic areas of the anims, then increment/decrement in lesser amounts to find exact start/stop frames).

Doing that thought can be a painful experience lol(especially if you are new to coding), im sure there are various freeware apps out there that would be capable of reading the anim data in your model and showing you info about it.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
ScapeSta
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks that is excactyly what i needed!

"A job well done is a well done job."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 03:19:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 03:19:30