Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How to make a normal person a zombie?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 11:51
Well... This question is maybe a bit weird, but is there any way to make a normal stock character like... walk like a zombie, bite like a zombie, slash like a zombie, etc. without needing to animate it agian? Because .X files can't be imported in Blender, and Blender doesn't have animation stuff, which causes it impossible for me to make new animations.

My username is finnish, and it translated to english is: "CrazyIdiot" or something.
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 13:53
As far as I heard you can animate stuff in Blender and theres no way to get new animations without rigging a new animated skeleton.If you maybe export the animation file from a zombie and put it into normal ones...

A.K.A. chargerbandit
[href]http://chargedstudios.netne.net/index.htm[href]
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 14:07 Edited at: 17th Jun 2009 14:19
Quote: "theres no way to get new animations without rigging a new animated skeleton."

I've done that before.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 14:47
Yeah you can either re-animate or import new character animations like its possible in 3dsmax.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
[href]http://chargedstudios.netne.net/index.htm[href]
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah you are better of with re-animating because then you would have the base animation and you could always make it more realistic.

DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 16:38 Edited at: 17th Jun 2009 16:39
Sequoiagames made stock character retextures and animations, made to look like zombies (really awsome actually). Just go on his website

If every millisecond in your life was 10 problems in the world, you'd be immortal
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 21:42
Well, I've tested the Seqoiagames zombies, but they don't walk like zombies or anything...

And I don't have 3dsmax, so I can't use that to make the anims. And I've checked, and Blender doesn't have animation thing. :/ Or neither .X files can be imported there.. EVEN while there is the "Import .X" thingy...

My username is finnish, and it translated to english is: "CrazyIdiot" or something.
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 02:31
Well, take the zombie retextures, and just use prides universal melee script. The "zombies" will melee kind of like in Nazi Zombies if Im not mistaken, as it uses the throw anim.

surpy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 08:04
well what I would is get a normal guy in a window or something then a trigger zone that will make him disappear then a zombie appear but thats the lazy way out

don't make me use this... oooh shiny

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-16 01:20:46
Your offset time is: 2024-10-16 01:20:46