Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / A way to put sprites on player weapon entities?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 15:51
I was thinking about a flaming torch for a fantasy game (I bought one of bond1's magic staff weapons just to have abase for this) but I have no idea how to script a sprite into the gunspec. The light shouldnt be a problem, afaik there are some scripts for pocket lights etc.

search didn't turn up everything but maybe there is a solution for this

PS: would also be nice for magic or energy weapons

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 15:57 Edited at: 17th Jun 2009 15:58
Open up the decal.fpi In the description you will see the mode list.Mode 6 shows the decal on the firespot.You would need to create a FIRESPOT bone on the weapon and save it.Then just modify the decal.fpi to have decal=6 mode and voila.

EDIT: Seems this might not work,you will have to add the decal=6 mode to the enemy AI when they attack or nonstop.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
[href]http://chargedstudios.netne.net/index.htm[href]
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 16:31 Edited at: 17th Jun 2009 16:32
Quote: "You would need to create a FIRESPOT bone on the weapon and save it"
does that mean that I'd have to do modelling work? cause thats completely beyond my capabilities?

I also dont want a weapon that acts as a light source additionally but a weapon that in fact cant be used to attack - just like ErrantAI's pocket LED from the store.

But its not too bad - if I cant use a sprite I simple will retexture the staff so it looks like the stone at the top is glowing and rewrite the gunspec similar to the above mentioned LED. I guess the trick will be to get rid of the attack animation and to have the light continually glowing as long as the staff is held

Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 23:13
Quote: "I simple will retexture the staff "

Did you get bond1's permission to do this? I don't believe the staff is free, nor do I believe that you are allowed to do anything with the staff (such as retexture OR reanimate) without his permission. I'd check the license agreement first before doing this...

Priest of the Church of Joe Wood

In memory of Nanee. 9/1/1993 - 5/16/2009. Rest in Peace, little girl.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 01:56
afaik I can modify bought stuff for my own games.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 02:28
If he bought it, then he can mod as he pleases so long as he does not re release outside of a game

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-16 01:31:07
Your offset time is: 2024-10-16 01:31:07