Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Where to publish my game?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 22:24
Where to publish my game online, so people can try my game and buy it?

Thanks

-Win XP SP3 -P4 3go/Ge Force 9600 GT driver 178.13
PhysX 08.09.04
DBP + Dark A.I. + Dark Physics + Easy Rotate + enhancement + Sprite Pack + FPSC B. pack
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 22:27
GameXS is comming this year,so that might be a good chance.To get a real publisher,contact like Jowood or Valve or someone with your full game,screenshots,story,details and ask them nicely.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
[href]http://chargedstudios.netne.net/index.htm[href]
JRH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2009 22:45
@djmaster;
I'm not sure if the GameXS project is still running, please correct me if I'm wrong as I was extremely interested in it.

I was also considering making a game publishing style store, purely for the fun of course (maybe something like Steam).

Best,
JRH
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2009 01:14
We also may be adding the functionality to sell games on the FPSC-Online store if interested contact one of the FPSC-Online admins.

The Next
Windows 7, Intel Core 2 Duo 3.2 Ghz, 4GB, 2x Nvidia 9600GT 1GB
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2009 01:38
GameXS is still in development. It'll just be a while before we release anything. We're really busy working on our website, our engine and our games, but after some of this clears up, we'll devote our time to GameXS and the FPSC Free Media Browser.

I do have an idea, though... To help with the creation of GameXS, we'll need the FPSC Free Media Browser pretty much finished. In order for that to happen, the database of all the free models and media released here would have to be complete. If we can get a couple volunteers to help out with that (5 pages takes about 20 minutes), we could blaze through the near 100 pages of models and media. If you'd like to help out with that to speed the development of GameXS along, let me know either here, or through email.

@Random Color Object,
There are a couple publishing companies that have worked with FPSC titles in the past, such as the one for Anderson, and for Luke314Pi's Game. I'm not sure who they went through for publishing, as it's been a while since I looked at their games, but you should check into that. Like JRH and djmaster have mentioned, GameXS will allow you to share and sell your games, as well as any media you create. If you're familiar with Valve's game distribution client, Steam, picture that, but for independent game developers, sharing both games and media.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2009 09:00 Edited at: 19th Jun 2009 09:01
Unless your game is REALLY something then don't get your hopes up on big publishers wanting to release your game. There are small budget-minded publishers out there but in my opnion FPSC games are best suited as (free) downloadable games.

I am not trying to be controversial here. Just realistic.
Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2009 17:56
Although I agree with what Scurvy Lobster said, that the chances of publishing are rather slim, some recent projects have proven that the real limitation is your own imagination, and how well you know the engine. Take Wolf's and getsfile's project Meat, for example. It shows that you can push FPSC to achieve greater results than just curved corners and square rooms.

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2009 18:43 Edited at: 19th Jun 2009 18:45
Dedication and a lot of time and talent. Then you can achieve anything Still, most FPSC games are simply not sellable.

And a personal note: while Meat does look great it is way way to dark. Doom 3 was bright compared to Meat... The concept of darkness just turns silly when you take it that far IMO.
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 06:24
I recomend adding the game to a setup such as installaware then give your freinds a beta run of it m give em the game for 3 days or so and let them decide if they like it , If they wan't to keep then charge them somthing lik £3.00 for it

Just my Sugestion

Lets get one thing straight , You and me both make FPS games by cheating

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-16 01:21:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-16 01:21:25