Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / DarkGDK DarkAI and Advanced Terrain not playing nice .. help please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 17:31
I am using DarkGDK 7.3(tried with the older version too) with DarkAI.

All the AI samples compile and work ok, but when i try to use advanced terrain with it i get the error below :
The terrains work fine on its own, just like the darkai.

it means that the symbol :
void (__cdecl* g_DeleteObject)(int)
has been declared both in terrain.lib and darkai.lib..

does anybody know if this is a bug or if im doing something wrong ?

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 17:46 Edited at: 18th Jun 2009 17:46
Still new to GDK, however from what I can see in the error reports above it looks like there are two copys of the same command somewhere in your code.

If you think its not your code it might be worth trying to make a small demo that acts the same and send it to Mike at TGC and see if he can find out what might be going wrong.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 17:56
The command isnt in my code, thats the problem

its an internal command that declared with the same name in both of the statically linked libraries "darkai.lib" and "terrain.lib" ... those are TGC's library files.

I have come up with a temporary workaround though

I can use a 2nd little app that I made to load up and create the terrain, and then export it as a .dbo object....
then copy the object and its textures over to my ai app's folder and load it as an object instead of terrain, seems to work so far anyway, i only tested it quickly..

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 18:02
May still be worth sending Mike or Lee an email to get there attention on the error.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
n008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 20:37
It looks like you defined a function that is the same as a function in DarkAI.lib.

"I have faith, that I shall win the race, even though I have no legs, and am tied to a tree." ~Mark75
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2009 00:15
@noo8 :
I didnt declare the function the same as whats in DarkAI.lib ...... TGC declared a function in DarkAI.lib, the same as a function in their GDK Advanced Terrain terrain.lib.

That is what the error is saying if read properly. What im after, is a workaround to either force the linker to ignore the redefined symbol, or a fix from TGC to remove it lol

Also after searching the forums a little, I found another thread where a user had a similar problem with AdvTerr and DarkAI, although they too had had no resolution, the thread seemed to have died thought, the last post a month or so ago.

I have mailed Support and will await their reply
Ill post bak here if I find out anything useful from them.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:16:47
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:16:47