Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / moving backgrounds?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I’m trying to make a map with moving backgrounds in order to create the impression that you’re “on a train moving at high speed” can FPSC support that type of features. I’ve been going through the tutorials and available scripts and so far, haven’t found one.

Maybe I’m using the wrong search string.

Thanks in advance.
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
no moving backgrounds are not available in fpsc..there is no way you can do that...sory for leting down your ideas

divernika
Pozag
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the reply!

Alright if that doesn’t work, then I might be able to simulate movement by using scripts that spawn entities such as trees and debris and make them move from point A to B from various location.

The closer to the window, the faster, and the further, the slower… I guess that’s one script per entitie. You set each entities to spawn and despawn in a loop after a certain amount of time.

Am I going in the right direction with this?
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 23:51
I can see how you could do that and you're going the right way. How about a gigantic decal?

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2009 00:37 Edited at: 19th Jun 2009 00:38
you can do this:

- You are in a train.
- Then Place outside the train : so you can see it torught the windows. A plane with a image. it is very long, and would spawm several times. And then set it is speed make it a character, and give it follow.fpi. And make waypoints.

Freakon
Years of Service
User Offline
You could put the train in a tunnel type segement, then you only really need the lights on the side of the tunnel to follow the way points instead of larger entities, like trees etc, this would also free up some processing speed!

Not sure if you can use the light markers to follow the light entities though, I think Knxrb had mentioned on one of his threads about a flashlight script that followed the player and didnt effect the ambience of the level, but I can't find it right now.

Not sure if this is helpful! but sharing is caring!!

Pozag
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll try both methods and see which one comes out best. I've schemed the idea that you could probably use billboards with animated decals. That's not something hard to do with photoshop or premiere.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-16 01:30:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-16 01:30:29