Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Any Famous games made with FPSC?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2009 23:10
I was wondering if that special someone got there FPSC game to be really special so it became a well known game

don't make me use this... oooh shiny
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2009 23:39
You would have to advertise to get the game popular

There is nothing to fear in life , Exsept Ur Mum !
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2009 15:13
Dead Space, Bioshock, Mass Effect 2 were all made with FPS Creator*.

*That sentence may not be entirely true.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Dead Space, Bioshock, Mass Effect 2 were all made with FPS Creator*."

I think you forgot DOOM 3.

* I could have it wrong.

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2009 15:52
what about mariokart wii?*

*what do you take us for? come on! dead space? like that was made with fpsc! i'll have you know that most of these games were made with their own game engines!

OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT CONSPIRACY
plystire controls the internet, there is nothing you can do as he will give you awesome mods through viruses.
DO PANIC
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2009 17:27 Edited at: 20th Jun 2009 17:29
Actually Dark Basic Pro was made with FPSC*. And so was Lee**

other than that I wouldn't say anything famous has been made with FPSC.

* Heard that in a dream once.
** This one I am sure about.
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 20th Jun 2009 18:14
Lets stop fooling,the only famous FPSC game is Ertlov and The Legacy of Cthulu or whatever it was.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
[href]http://chargedstudios.netne.net/index.htm[href]
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2009 18:25
Ok ok

It was Anderson & the Legacy of Cthulhu. One of the few FPSC driven games that have been published commercially.

Not a blockbuster hit of course but I think I read somewhere that it managed to sell well enough to cover its own development costs.
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 20th Jun 2009 18:28
It got 3.7/10 review in the magazine I buy.Still,one of the rare games that got even reviewed.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2009 23:49
FEAR wasn't made with FPSC - but honestly it didnt have any features you couldn't do with FPSC. In fact the gameplay wasn't much different if it wouldn't have been for the time-freeze ability

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 01:06
More *well known full games made with FPS Creator.

The Commander Josh Chronicles
Letters Kingdom
Froggy Shootout
Cry of the Infected
Replicore

(*Around here, anyway.)

Brian.

rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
It is accual quiete good: http://readerreviews.ign.com/rrview/tv/anderson_the_legacy_of_cthulhu/947016/73666/

Now in the W.I.P. forum: operation sunlight
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149451&b=25
DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 03:41
CROSS FIRE! How could you all forget Cross Fire?!!!? It got a 10/10 rating!

If every millisecond in your life was 10 problems in the world, you'd be immortal
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 06:36
None of these games were made with fps creator. You would have to be dumb to look at any pics of the game and say , oh , thats made with fps creator.

Lets get one thing straight , You and me both make FPS games by cheating
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 06:37
You would have to be dumb to think they were being serious.

Eidos!
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 06:39
Damn it ! Something told me 99% they were being scarcastic. I just had to listen to the 1%

Lets get one thing straight , You and me both make FPS games by cheating
Chris Redfield 2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 06:43
Uh... Let me think... Condemned: Criminal Orgins, and Condemned 2: Blootshot. Oh, and lets not forget even bigger smash hits like Gears Of War 2 and Resident Evil 5.

But seriously! Do you actually think that there was a famous game made with FPSC? Thats... Just... Scary

"When i first beheld this apparation--for i could scarcely regard it as less--my wonder and my terror were extreme." Edgar Allan Poe- 1841
surpy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 07:02
some one with the right time and the right skill should make a famous game

don't make me use this... oooh shiny
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 09:26 Edited at: 21st Jun 2009 09:28
If someone had the right time and skill.... why not just use a better engine to do it?

Seriously, even though FPSC is growing and becoming able to make great things, I still see it as a small step into the great world of game dev. If you want to control how your game works and controls and looks to the level that's almost required for a smash hit in the industry, then you're going to want to go with engines that are designed for that sort of thing. FPSC, in all honesty, is not designed to make such great titles. It's designed to make it EASY to pop out little FPS games, but in no way are capable of competing with the well-known titles like Crysis, FEAR, GoW, Halo, etc.

A vehicle is .... BEYOND difficult to get working realistically in FPSC.. yet it is actually quite easy* to get working if you were to just program your own game for it.

*[i]This is a statement made in the assumption that you are capable of performing the math necessary to achieve this. For an intermediate 3D programmer, it is no big deal.

The one and only,

Chris Redfield 2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 11:33 Edited at: 21st Jun 2009 11:58
FPSC is also great for people who see game design as a hobby too. Overall it helps remove the impression that game design is for programmers ONLY... But still... It's not an engine I would go bragging about to your friends. Also, I think it's pretty obvious that TGC intended this with FPS Creator from the get-go. Create an entry level, ease-of-use, no programming skills required engine for beginners and hobbyists alike. NOT intended for A-List games.

"When i first beheld this apparation--for i could scarcely regard it as less--my wonder and my terror were extreme." Edgar Allan Poe- 1841
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 12:09
.. Buut Getsfile and people like that have proved to us that you CAN make games with fantastic graphics and a sustainable FPS rate. You just need to know what you're doing!

Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 12:09
Quote: "Damn it ! Something told me 99% they were being scarcastic. I just had to listen to the 1% "

Oh my god. Please don't tell me you are serious.

WizMod Supporter.
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 12:15 Edited at: 21st Jun 2009 12:18
Quote: "But still... It's not an engine I would go bragging about to your friends..."

Have you seen some of the screenshots from MEAT by getsfile? You can't so much blame the success of these games on the engine you're using. You have to realize that the skill of the artist, as well as the advertisement he can get for his work is what determines the success of any game.

To turn this rant into a completely unrealistic circumstance to further prove my point, if the developers of Silent Hill were to create a game using the FPSC engine, I'm sure that with their skill, and available budget for advertising, would make tens of thousands of sales off the project. Remember, quality and advertisment!

But then, as Ply already mentioned, someone on that skill level would most likely migrate to an engine with better statistics.

/:end rant

Kravenwolf

Chris Redfield 2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 12:32
Quote: "Have you seen some of the screenshots from MEAT by getsfile?"

I haven't. Got any links for them?

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Chris Redfield 2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 12:50 Edited at: 21st Jun 2009 13:04
Seems like the right amount of Condemned, with the right amount of FEAR, and a hint of old school Resident Evil. Looks Pretty Cool. Will it be free when it comes out? Oh, who am I kidding? As sexy looking as this game looks, I bet it could sell for well over $10.00! Maybe $20.00?

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 13:09
It's stated in the thread that MEAT is a side project so I am not sure it will ever be a completely finished game. It does like insane however

I hope we at least get a demo.
Chris Redfield 2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 13:11
Quote: "I hope we at least get a demo."

I second that.

REllU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 11:54
Quote: "It was Anderson & the Legacy of Cthulhu. One of the few FPSC driven games that have been published commercially."

haha, i bought it yesterday LOL
it were 25Euros. The enemys are way too difficult, and you cant ever have too much ammos.. It haves some puzzles too. otherways, good game, noting that the game has made with fps-c.

Might be new at the forums, but an old user of FPS-C
http://www.setbb.com/rncompany/index.php?mforum=rncompany
Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
You know whats funny, they spent all that time comig out with a game called Legacy of Cthulu and they spelt Cthulu wrong. Its spelt Cthulhu, did they just do that so they wouldn't get sued? Oh no Mr. Lovecraft, see this game is about Cthulu, the creature that has absolutely nothing to do with your Cthulhu, eve though it uses every **** plot element from your stories!
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 17:14 Edited at: 25th Jun 2009 17:15
Quote: "a game called Legacy of Cthulu and they spelt Cthulu wrong"

Gunbarrelguru: I think you need to get your eyes checked

Try clicking my earlier mentioned link to the game page on GameSpy again...

Pozag
Years of Service
User Offline
If you want to make a solid game, then best place to start is by using either Unreal3.5, TEch4 or Source 2.xxx and make a killer mod that will received enough praise to become a commercial game.

Red Orchestra and Killing Floor are both fine example of what a good mod can become.

But I can see a strong team building a good game with FPSC. I'm new in this community but from what I tend to see is, solo work. I rarely see a game being made by 10+ FPSC users.

Killing Floor team has around 15 people if I'm correct. If you want to make a commercial game that has a chance of being successful then build a team and you will boost your chance by ten fold.

www.projectversus.com
www.myspace.com/projectversus
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 18:03 Edited at: 25th Jun 2009 18:10
Pozag: For every mod that succeeds there are a hundred of not a thousand that fail. Getting a team is easy but getting a good team for the right job is insanely hard.

80-90% of all commercial AAA-grade console and pc games don't make back their money. The game business is pretty much a hit-or-miss industry where a few take all the money and fame. Some sell well - others don't.

On the other hand there is an indie-game scene where solo game creators make money on their games. Some of these do well, others fail, but being solo is a viable career path.

The point is that having a team does not increase your chances ten fold. You could infact claim that you have a ten fold higher chance of failing since you would need to make more money pr. extra team member.
FPSC Models and Media
Years of Service
User Offline
call of duty
Pozag
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I did imply having a good team.

And I did mention you will boost your chances by ten fold. Also when I did mention "build" this means, don't just recruit left and right people. I work at a bunch of gaming companies as a student such as Ubisoft, EA and etc... even as a tester, we try hard to recruit the right people in hopes to have the best team possible.

You can make your own game and become a success story but if you take the time to build your assets properly, you'll have something even better.

80-90% is not a true number at all but I will admit that 2007/08 was harsh. However, that's not always the team... most often it's the producers and directors unable to grasp their project.

What I said was not an absolute, don't change the meaning of my posts please.

www.projectversus.com
www.myspace.com/projectversus
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 18:24
Quote: "For every mod that succeeds there are a hundred of not a thousand that fail. Getting a team is easy but getting a good team for the right job is insanely hard."

Damn right, I was working on a mod named Operation:Crossfire and the team was poorly organized and we had these two whining babies, of whom I shall not name...

But they and everyone else had a massive retarded fight over the Mod's "Studio" page... Dare I say that more than 5 members left -- That's how retarded they were... And I was one of them bidding fare-well...

Later on - One of the members decided it'll be fun to integrate with the community more by being more drastically retarded, he got his ass banned big time...

I ain't heard of him since, and I'm glad I ain't...

"Your greatest teacher is your harshest critic"-'Butterfingers'
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 18:29 Edited at: 25th Jun 2009 18:44
Pozag: I did not change the meaning of your post. I commented on some points. My bad on the Strong team but the "ten fold" idea is questionable. You also mentioned a couple of succes stories and I simply wanted to put it in the perspective of the harsh realities (for every winner there is a whole bunch that don't make it). The 80-90% figure isn't that much off even though I can't find solid numbers on it right now so I shouldn't have brought that one up

Matuka: calling team members "retarded" publicly is not a good way to brand yourself. No matter how much you may disagree with them it isn't exactly someting that proves your own team spirit. Think about it (I'm being serious here - a lot of people think twice about working together with people who will call former team members retarded since you might just do the same about them too)
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 21:39 Edited at: 25th Jun 2009 21:42
Yeah it's me the arrogant one.

Ummhm triple AAA game or at least a successful profitable game with FPSC.?

Why not? Well not with a stock standard FPSC a mod with better graphics and AI or X10
should make things much easier but it is not completely out of the question.

Having a look at the engine it self there is no problem having a look at the content available to use seems where the problem lies and the developer who believes every thing is going to be delivered on a silver platter.

I gonna speak my mind here and it is the truth and I don't care about respect or about this or that comment or calling me this or that or for that matter the remarks that come after this sentence because like I have said before I don't care and users on this forum needs to catch a wake up and listen to other people's reasoning and experience as some of them have either being working with FPSC much longer and are maybe 3 times older than most
users.

The so called people on this forum with their fake company or developer names yip this refers to you who calls them selfs game developers just because you can build a game in 5mins you don't get to call your self developers yet you have to earn that right with blood
sweat and tears, don't forget hard work over years not months.

Then we have the no light mapping people same applies to you.

Of course don't forget the pirated media and FPSC users who are still among us.

Now that I have your attention and your all screaming murder ban and lock.

Truth be told very few people here will EVER see game publishing success point period
I'm attacking my fellow FPSC's but it's time that you catch a wake up and smell the roses.

Enough with the half-life and halo 42 or doom 36 remakes
Enough with blaming Lee.
Enough with blaming FPSC engine.
Enough with asking for FPSC to ripoff other developers engine features I still don't see the need why FPSC needs super duper 6 in one gun feature or has to have third person view or drivable cars, tanks. Then you will always have the arrogant idiot telling me and arguing that FPSC has to have these features in order to make a game better or make the game realistic without these features I will not be able to make a great game.

Sadly even without or with these features more than half of these people complaining about this and that are usually the one's that will NEVER create a successful game commercial or other wise till they have a cup of experience mixed with a humility
and a dash of attitude change.

Some guys continually sit on their hands waiting for other people to do the work for them.
Nothing would please more to see the inbred fighting between members stop I'll be the first in line to buy the first copy of a triple AAA game made with FPSC to see what I have been doing wrong all these years and learn from what others have done.

This is some thing most here don't seem to get there are people here more experienced
and willing to help you with it. give them the respect and dignity they deserve not because they are older but because they are more experienced and have forgotten stuff you still have to learn.

Arrogance and attitude does not help one to learn it makes one blind to knowledge
and wisdom of others.

Till people start creating there own professional quality media or mods and always strive to improve and gain extra knowledge I do not see great things from FPSC in the near future.

It takes a day to gain knowledge and experience but it takes a life time to master it.

Mods I'm now happy to take my ban or what ever punishment.

Pointless Assault video
http://w13.easy-share.com/1408971.html
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 21:52
Well yes, that can be considered arrogant Wizard but there's a lot of truth in what you write and even though I wouldn't use those words I do agree on your points.

I do see a positive side of this: FPSC is a way to learn game creation. It may not lead you to greatness here and now but I believe that we in 10-15 years time will see a lot of well known game developers telling how they made their first games in this engine and how they always wanted to make games that looked exactly like the latest shooters from id software and Valve.

With a little luck we might even see a cool FPSC game someday that becomes a mainstream hit.
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 22:20
Quote: "Well yes, that can be considered arrogant Wizard but there's a lot of truth in what you write and even though I wouldn't use those words I do agree on your points.

I do see a positive side of this: FPSC is a way to learn game creation. It may not lead you to greatness here and now but I believe that we in 10-15 years time will see a lot of well known game developers telling how they made their first games in this engine and how they always wanted to make games that looked exactly like the latest shooters from id software and Valve.

With a little luck we might even see a cool FPSC game someday that becomes a mainstream hit."
That is the one thing I do, I specifically pay close attention when playing doom or prey or quake and learn from other developers and take their great ideas and make them my own in my own unique way see screenshot if you don't understand...

I take screenshots of the architect of popular games or study books
and helps greatly without having to recreate the wheel....

Now if other people can learn this method of learning we will see great things in level design for starters.....

Pointless Assault video
http://w13.easy-share.com/1408971.html

Attachments

Login to view attachments
dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 22:30 Edited at: 25th Jun 2009 22:32
I don't think the main reason FPSC was created was to let users create graphically stunning and gameplay mechanics rich video games.
Quote: "As its name implies this is a tool for creating action-packed FPS games with no programming or 3D modelling knowledge required"

The main purpose here is to be creative, see and enjoy your own creation, and to mainly just have loads of fun!! My opinion is that FPSC was created to be a hobbyist's toy but some very talented and smart people have stretched the limits and made commercial quality games no matter how small that number is.

Think of it, that's how mods for games are created. The game is supplied to the public for them to have fun and enjoy themselves. But theres ALWAYS some people who take it further than a means of enjoyment and take it as a tool rather than a toy.

That is the difference between a hobbyist who will use FPSC for fun and not do anything serious or anything that requires getting their hands dirty (and theres nothing wrong with that because to them its a "toy") and the people who really want to create something and have the skills or have the dedication to acquire the skills to do it (to them FPSC is a tool)

Alright thats all I've got to contribute.

Look for me on CoD4 online for PC. My username's Arbiquator (strange I know but it's the first thing that came to mind)

DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 17:38
Ummm Lovecraft and Crossfire were made with FPSC...

If every millisecond in your life was 10 problems in the world, you'd be immortal
chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
The main issue, for me, with FPSC has nothing to do with the actual engine. Rather, what vexes me about creating stuff with FPSC is getting a finished game into people's hands, whether they pay for it or not. Personally, and I know this is just me, when I create something I do not want it to languish on my hard drive or be played by only a few close friends.

This community is a great start, but I'd love to see a method or system that got FPSC created games (our own XBLA, as it were) into the hands of gamers. Now, I know you have to start with a complete game that people will want to play but I think a few people in these forums have already accomplished that - I would love to see those games recieving great distribution. Of course I am not saying that it is the responsibility of anyone but a game's creator to get their product out into the widerworld, I am just noting that getting a game out there, for me, is probably the most intimidating and mysterious part of the process
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 18:31
This year GameXS comes out so theres your chance...

"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "This year GameXS comes out so theres your chance..."
Yeah, I'm sure I heard something about that - will have to keep an eye out for it!
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 18:48
Well, I use FPSC since 2005. So, since it came out.

I`ve seen everything I thought it would be impossible done. I`ve seen great shader effects, great Characters, cool AI scripts massive outdoormaps etc. etc.

All you have to do is actually using the Full Potentional of FPSC. Like Getsfile does for Meat. You may have to WORK on your game so it`ll be good.

But please stop with these annoying Zombie/Doom/Call of Duty Copys and invent something that is your own.

Lumpy Pottybiscuits
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2009 19:40
A poor workman always blames his tools....

Sorry everyone, but that is what I'm reading in this post.

If only FPS Creator did this or that or the other thing...

Why not examine its strengths and build on them?

At the same time examine the weaknesses of the game concepts trying to be implemented and drop them?

I would recommend alot of folks here to read writings by Richard Rouse III on game design.

Alot of people are fixated on designing some be all, end all game and they must have such and such shader, the story arc must solve the riddle of the sphinx and make grown men weep.

Please..grow up.

I would challenge each of you to put forth real effort and use the tool to it's greatest function.

Which is rapidly producing FPS levels.

From that effort, you can then assemble the best of them and tie a story to them.

Most the games we all play, make very little sense or boast innovative graphics.
I would submit, that we all still like playing Quake, Doom, Duke Nuke'em, Wolfenstein, Serious Sam, Marathon.

All of these are relics with the silliest backstorys, but I still enjoy each of them.

So, all the naysayers and whiners...put together thirty levels in the next thirty days. At the end of the exercise, you will have twelve to fifteen decent levels.

Tweak the gameplay on those twelve, may be redress a couple to fit whatever story you make up around them.

I guarantee only these things at the end of thirty days.

a) you will either have a fanastic game

or b) you will know how to create a better game in the following thirty days

or c) you will be sick of making games and will find a new hobby.

So, challenge yourselves.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 17:31:32
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 17:31:32