Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark AI and Dark Physics

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was just wondering if anyone out there ever got Dark Physics and Dark AI working together? If so, could you please explain with a simple example?

Thanks

?..?..?..?
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2009 07:49
I have of them working together in their GDK versions.

I havent fully tested them but I have created a simple object terrain, created and entity and waypoints and set it off patrolling, with DarkAI, and made a bunch of small cubes rigid bodies that drop down onto the terrain with DarkPhysics..

Other than that I havent really played too much with the physics side yet.
On a side note, I also have the "Sparky's Collision Library 2.05b" included in the project and call some of his collision routines for my ai entities, it works fine with DarkAI and DarkPhysics aswell so far.

The only problem that I have had with it, is with Advanced Terrain in GDK, it throws a linker error for multiply defined symbols as soon as you call dbSetupTerrain..or any other terrain command.. still waiting on support to get back to me about that lol

I am using DarkGDK 7.3, March 2009 DirectX SDK, Latest downloadable versions of DarkAI and DarkPhysics.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
GALACTUS
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't even know that GDK has these yet?

Is your routine basically like this?

1) Update AI
2) Get AI position and using physics command to move character object
3) Update physics
4) Get new object position and pass it to AI
5) goto 1)

?..?..?..?
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2009 13:33
no, the systems are almost serparate as far as gdk is concerned.
just running in the same app together, but except for me tagging an object onto one of the ai controlled objects, they are unaware of each other.

Basically, the AI handles the player movement, and the physics handles all the static stuff, i would use it for things like applying force to objects..

The problem with putting the object like a player into the physics system and using darkAI is that once the physics has it, the AI cant do anything to it automatically anymore, so all of its updates etc need to be done manually, via the get and set entity commands and using physics forces/controllers

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:59:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:59:12