Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / DarkPhysics again fails to deliver fluids

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 00:39
Hey all,
I'm getting really tired of crappy software from TGC... what a waste of money all of it was.

All Nvidia demos of fluids work fine in Hardware and Software.

Specs:
ASUS P6T Motherboard
Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66 Ghz per core (quad core with HyperThreading = 8 logical cores)
12GB of OCZ 1600Mhz RAM
EVGA Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+
650 Watt Ultra PSU

Here's the issues:
If I run a demo from TGC, the fluid is a white "fog", and I get roughly 3 fps on any of the demos. If I run the Slime demo, my computer BSoD's complaining of an Nvidia driver stop error.

Software on computer:
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 x64 (User Account Control is turned off btw)
Nvidia 186.18 Graphics Driver
Nvidia PhysX (is reported in System Info as) 909.04.28

If someone could tell me what exactly the issue is, I'd greatly appreciate it. I was thinking it might be missing a shader for the water but then I realized that wouldn't cause a BSoD, so I don't know.

I can upload images if you need them.

Thanks,
Jim.

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please change your "moddy freak out" size to 600x240px. Thanks
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2009 12:16
Ok, so what spec for DBPro and DarkPhysX do you have installed?

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2009 10:40 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2009 10:47
Quote: "All Nvidia demos of fluids work fine in Hardware and Software"

The official NVIDIA demos were written in DBPro and Dark Physics, so there must be something else wrong with the tests you are making. The demos might be from an older version of DP and no longer work.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 12:21:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 12:21:21