Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC crashes after test game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2009 21:16
Hi =)

After i hit test game button the game loads just fine and I can test and play the game smooth but when i hit ESC to close down the test game and return to FPSC the app freeze's and I have to close the prosses in task manager and then relaunch FPSC. This is quite annoying and alot of down time :<

any suggestions :< ?

I use Win XP SP2 64-bit
6GB ddr3 ram
Pentium dual core 3ghz
1tb hdd
1gb ATI Radeon HD 4670

ty pIx
pIx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2009 00:00
no one :< ?
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
what update do you use?

divernika
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2009 05:09 Edited at: 24th Jun 2009 05:12
Hey pIx, welcome to my world.
The problem you are incounting is one that I have yet to fully get an idea what and why it is caused. Often it is due to a selected model being used or a large amount of detail in a scene.
I have found myself not even being able to reboot fpsc, needing to log off (faster than a reboot) and re-log to windows to get the program to respond. fpsc is a major resource drain and can effect hardware from my 2 years of testing. Specs and version does not seem to be a issue, more so how long you have the program running etc and what you are requiring it to do.

Tips: pre plan design, never let fpsc run in the background (such as running other heavy apps back and forth.) Saving is another issue that I have found to show signs with strange errors.
Even though there is a problem with how the code is written during use (user or db related), it may or may not be associated with this.
However one area I am concerned about and have tried to explain a while back is design related issues. I feel sorry for the users who give up and give crazy bad reviews. Yes there is a major problem with the way this engine was designed to work. It works, yet once you start adding, it doesn't like it.
There may be a way that I have missed to streamlining the end result, and even though I know of some tricks, including streamlined design to avoid lag spots (proven last year via xplosys thread among others).

Anyway, best of luck. I'm sorry I dont have a direct answer for this one.
pIx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2009 08:43
Quote: "what update do you use?"

@deca: Hi and thanks for the tips i've never experienced fpsc crash when select a model, fpsc is running smooth here its only when im exiting the test game i get the problem :< if freezes, only show a white screen (with the the boarder, exit minimize, maximize) anyway i've found no solution, not an older patch is working eighter, same problem. but anyway, thanks alot deca for trying and for the tips

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 17:32:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 17:32:31