Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Help with scripts and stuff!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys,

I’ve gone through the tutorials, the video tutorials and read pretty much everything I could dig on the FPSC. I’m loving it really and the small single player maps that I’ve made have a bunch of cool triggers, rain effect, moving entities like trains and a bunch of intelligent AI that can talk or shoot you…

However, there’s a few things that I’m confused with and unfortunately, even after searching and reading through the guides countless of times, I can’t seem to understand a few things. So please, can someone give me some pointers on the following. Perhaps it’s silly for you or I missreaded a guide, just direct me the chapter to re-read if I need.

- Where can I find the global script, how does it work? Is that a script that initialize the map? I think the first time it made mention of it is when I was looking on producing some FOG for my levels. I don’t understand that part to be honest.

- From what I understand, you have to build your level in order to test the shaders in their full extent and such. Is that really how we can do it. If yes, cool but then I would like to know… What are the limits of “preview map”. Can someone give me a small example of what can be tested via “preview map” and what should be tested after a complete build.

- Ok so I saw that a script that allows you produce FOG in certain zones… now if I want an overall FOG in the entire level, how should I proceed? Can I see the fog within the map editor?

- HUDs, I haven’t found someone going step by step on how to produce a HUD. Meaning, a new interface for your health and weapons bar. I know how to produce the image but no one really explains how to you can actually implement it. Maybe I need a step by step tutorial for it but right now, It’s really not working for me hehe. Also, is it something that can be previewed within the map editor?

To however takes the time to help me out, thank you. I really do appreciate it. Once I know how to do these things, I'll be jumping inot making a good game... I hope
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2009 19:53
The first thing you need to do is start using useful subject information when starting threads then people will probably be more inclined to help answer your questions.

Hopefully a mod will come along and change yours before this gets flamed or locked.

A question still has a subject regardless of the users familiarity or skill level with the engine.
Pozag
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, if it has to be locked or the title is not appopriate then please let me know or edit my title.

I personaly think that those questions are somewhat basic elements of FPSC. However, it seems that I’m confused and need a few pointers.

Prime reason for me to call this thread: my last noob questions.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2009 21:53
Unhelpful Titles

Please do not simply write "Noob Question", "I am a newb", "One Noobie Question", "A question", "Please help", "This isn't working" or anything similar as the title of your post. We have a search facility, and meaningless titles do not help others find answers to their questions. It will also help you to get quicker responses if people have an idea of your thread content.

Please, in future try to choose an appropriate title as the thread might be helpful to other users.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 17:33:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 17:33:19