Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / dynamic vs static building made in SketchUp....help needed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
well i made a building in SketchUp so i exported it to x file then used entity maker and didnt added the texture name so i left the dirctx file hndle the uv cordinates but this only work for dynamic objects witch dont cause lighmaps so they are not good looking but if i turn it to static i have lightmap but no texrures,,,is there any way to sovle this exept of uv mapping the building????i dont know how to uvmap.....

divernika

Attachments

Login to view attachments
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 24th Jun 2009 19:06
Nope,only dynamic entities can have multiple textures.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
[href]http://chargedstudios.netne.net/index.htm[href]
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
noooooooooo............that cant be true.....nooooooooooooooooooo:-(.........................

divernika
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
so can anyone uvmapp them???for exchgane they will get the model for free.....

divernika
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2009 19:14
The only way to do this is to have all of the textures on one single texture, not multiple, otherwise you just have to deal with crappy lighting. But if you use tileing to get the effect then it wont work propperly with one texure.

Don't just say No it can't be done. Think outside the box.
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 00:17
If you followed the Sketchup to FPSC tutorial by daarboven, it says that you have to group everything that uses the same texture and export those separately. Then you can use them as static.

Softwizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 20:29 Edited at: 25th Jun 2009 20:30
Well sonny, have a look at this thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=151746&b=21
So my advice to you is get wings3d (its free) look on youtube for some wings3d stuff, read the chapter in the wings3d manual on uv mapping, and if you create a model in wings3d then you will need to set the scale to 52 on the directx export to get it FPSC size.
Pass me the model and the individual textures and I will uv map it for you in wings3d.
You will also need to show me which textures go on which piece.[href]null[/href]

Nothing to see here, move along please.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 17:37:12
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 17:37:12