Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Runtime error 506... Only for others?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2009 23:40 Edited at: 25th Jun 2009 00:03
Good evening.

I recently got my hands on a copy of FPS Creator and I have to say it works really great. I was able to test and compile my first games just fine. They ran excellent both in the in-game test mode and as compiled retail games... For me...

However, when I later sent my game to a friend to try it out, they kept getting an error message saying "Runtime error 506- could not load image at line 11250".
It's the exact same file tree as I got, and as I said, it's working here. So there can't be files missing. To be absolutely positive we got the same file system, I had them do a "dir /s > textfile.txt" and compared it to mine. It contained the exact same files. So there are no files missing.

When searching this very forum I found posts about the other person might be missing DirectX, or got an outdated version of said application. So I had them install the very same version of DirectX as I got myself (DirectX 9) and still they got the same error message.

I'm out of ideas... Someone please help me out.

Thanks.
Stardragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 19:59
Anyone at all?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 17:38:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 17:38:53