Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Best Game Making Tool???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 04:17
I wanna make a 2D Pokemon MMORPG in C++.
Which tool should I use? Darkbasics or...... what? You tell me whats best please.

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 17:31
If your using C++ I'd suggest checking out Dark GDK. It's free so you can't go wrong with that.

As for building your epic PokeMMO. Take your idea, put it in a box labeled ideas, and file it under 'future projects once I've learned how to create less complex games' drawer.

Start small! You'll get flamed any other way.

AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 08:18
Quote: "Take your idea, put it in a box labeled ideas, and file it under 'future projects once I've learned how to create less complex games' drawer."

Meanwhile, you can take this thread and file it under "threads that I should not have started"...

i like orange
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 08:22
Hey, you stole my awesome..er...thingy...

AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 16:51
Yes. Yes, I did.

Anyways, to contribute a bit more to this, I'd say that if you're wondering what game-making tool is best, you're most definitely not skilled enough to make a 2D MMORPG.

i like orange
Hobgoblin Lord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 10:58
Quote: "Anyways, to contribute a bit more to this, I'd say that if you're wondering what game-making tool is best, you're most definitely not skilled enough to make a 2D MMORPG."

I don't think asking our opinion on what the best libraries/ toolset for this project might be indicate Symbol's programming ability or skill level. The question I have is what have you done before? DarkGDK is pretty good, I have not used it in awhile so I would think it has gotten even better. The other question is do you have anyone to help you, a MMO is a tall order and for one person to tackle it is a road to insanity.

http://Flashsalsa.com
New Game site

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:21:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:21:59