Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Just a quick question about gunspec.txt file.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 05:42 Edited at: 25th Jun 2009 05:43
I'm working on a FPS engine with DBP, and because I have access to several FPSC weapon model packs I bought awhile back I thought I'd loosely base the weapons system off that of FPSC--that way all of the FPSC weapons are totally compatible with my engine. So I took a look at the gunspec.txt file for each weapon and most of it is pretty straightforward. The only fields I'm unsure about are:

-brass
-damagetype
-iterate
-fireloop

Could anybody explain their significance?

Also I was hoping I could find a field for the gun's rate of fire--are any of the above used for that? Or did I just miss it?

Thanks.

i like orange
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 06:35 Edited at: 25th Jun 2009 06:40
Ieterate is how many bulletholes the wep makes
brass is the type of bullet shell it ejects, the rest I am not sure about.

I am doing the same, and what I am doing is doing a subroutine (gosub) for all my weps and just used the frame rate values from it. Here is a example (I am not all the way done yet so I have't added brass or actual firing.
that is to make them play a sound and do a fire animation it is in my main loop.

that is to load them and their data. It is far from complete, as they don't shoot or do dmage or even make a bullet hole, but they play the animation and sound and it sets them up. I like it my way better so I don't have to have things outside my code but my way also gives less flexebility.
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 06:41 Edited at: 25th Jun 2009 06:45
Yep, I've actually already got almost everything else done. All I need is muzzle flash and bullet holes, which should both be pretty easy. I've got all the animation, sounds, reloading, and switching weapons worked out, as well as reading the weapon info from it's gunspec file. I use this to create a weapon from a folder containing the required media and gunspec file:

And this to update the weapons:

It's very cool because I can take any FPSC weapon and plug it right in with very little editing to the gunspec file, or I can model my own and write a gunspec file for it and plug that in. I can create multiple weapons and switch between them smoothly with my mouse button, utilizing the default animations and sounds.

However that doesn't really answer my initial question. What are the fields I mentioned in my first post used for?

i like orange
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
Ietrate is how many bulletholes the weapon makes
brass is the type of bullet shell it ejects, the rest I am not sure about,
I think fireloop might be how fast the gun fires, but I'm not sure.
AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 06:47
Thanks.

i like orange

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 17:33:11
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 17:33:11