Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / simple c++ problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 06:04
keeping in mind that I have been using c++ for all of a week, can anyone explain to me why I get 21 errors when I try to build this?

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who dont
That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 06:10 Edited at: 25th Jun 2009 06:32
ok I think I figured ONE problem out, in my class constructor I called it a void return type, removing the word void from the prototype and the function dropped it down to 19 errors (at least we're making progress)

edit:

ok there are also 6 errors in each of the "Truck can carry" cout lines, but I cant find then, I just see the error reduction when I comment those lines

edit 2:

also 2 errors in the Vehicles.set_data line and 4 more in the Vehicles Truck() line

it seems the common factor here is the truck class object, did I do something wrong when I initialized it?

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who dont
That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 06:35
figures, I forgot to semicolon my object initiation so that was the source of all the errors

sorry for waste of thread, I tried to find the problem for an hour before I made this and was about to give up so I posted this thread then.... well you can read the rest in my above post

AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 06:37 Edited at: 25th Jun 2009 06:38
Hmmmm...I suppose it would help if you told is what the errors were.

However I did notice that you're not ending these two lines with semi-colons when you should be:

Here's the fixed code, it compiles fine for me:

EDIT:

I wasn't fast enough.

i like orange
That1Smart Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 07:13
and what do you mean what the errors were, it tells you?

i was just readin the end report after i hit f7 (build)

and yeah, wen I first heard that the #1 error in c++ was forgetting semicolons, i thought it was a joke, it sounded so obvious that i didnt think it was possible to forget one, guess I was wrong, rofl

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 05:58:58
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 05:58:58