Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / SUNDAY DRIVERS is ONLINE!!!! Download it!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2003 22:32
It really wasnt that hard. I opened the save file and noticed it was an array, then I loaded arrays of different sizes in DBP untill I noticed some ones appear. I found that the save file consists of a 30 size array, 15 for easy, 15 for hard.

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
[img]Visit my site![/img]
Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2003 23:40
it wasn't hard, when you know how to do it.
By the way, i don't know already a different way to save files.
Array is easy to use, you load an array, all the data are ready to use.

Free Download for a Free World
andrew11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2003 23:59
I always use write/read byte, with encryption, mixing up bytes, etc..

Another way is to put fake stuff like
// Lives
// Health

after the real data, then check if it has been altered and delete thier game

"All programmers are playwrites and all computers are lousy actors" -Anon
[img]Visit my site![/img]
Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2003 00:14
yeah it's a good way.I never have the necessity to encrypt data.I know now where to ask... at andrew11 !!!

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2003 16:33
people will always make hacks of it if it gets popular enough ... however to be honest not sure why someone would crack a game unless its actually too hard to get too far.

i liked this game, only personal peeve i had was it was too slow and linear. I know its toy cars, but you could put in some real physics like sliding so you atleast feel like your sliding around the corner rather than simply turning around it.
also the collision was pretty off, i mean cars when almost halfway through each other before they'd actually collide ... i'm guessing that you didn't resize the collision boxes?
and i've noticed that people flipping places, i was almost an entire lap ahead of 2nd placer - but he'd flick between 1st & 2nd.
so something to look into.
and the tracks are just a little but to square, dunno but for a cartoon style racer it just seems a little wrong.
and you may wanna give the illusion of speed because it really does play so-so-so slowly that it makes it seems boring... its alright when your ducking between cars trying to get ahead, but when your in first and on the straights really seems like laps take forever on such a short course.

Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2003 17:07
Don't mind at it Raven, it's a simple game maked by a simple man.

Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2003 19:06
wah, i was bored to see the topics of my game so back in this forum section, this was the program announcement, now is simply a mess.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 20:33:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 20:33:56