Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / d's collective tips

Author
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2009 07:52 Edited at: 20th Jul 2009 05:57
Awhile has past since my last post about findings and solutions to the unknown while using the engine. And would like to thank ND for No.46 addition to the guide.

Edited. Below.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
The next tip is one I mentioned a few years back. Yet I still sometimes see it pop up, not that it's a bad thing. I thought I would add this next before anything else. Plus I can not find the O.G pics, so I shot new ones.

Why is there an added block at the top of stairs sometimes?

Below is a pic showing an extended hallway (left) and not (right). Stairs are placed in the same position.
If red walls were used for the lower walls, and grey stairs to grey upper floor. The end result would be a red block at the top of the stairs before the floor (check lower right pic).
I am still unaware of lag issues, yet it can produce a flicker sometimes and possible AI issues. I have not tested it fully to produce errors, as I simply design not to incorperate it.

*subject to change.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 17:35:08
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 17:35:08