Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / help with lag............yeah i know search the forum first bla bla bla

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah i know search the forum first bla bla bla but my question is a little more speacific i have lag in a room where i thought to have designed well to not have lag through trigger zones muiltible rooms and illusion (of witch i have come quite good at) i dont think its my computer actully im really sure its not my computer
but i have attached specs and a picture of the area of the the lvl that lags thanks
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 05:43 Edited at: 26th Jun 2009 05:50
Hi Nextgen, what's happening.
I have a good idea what may be the cause. Maybe a bit more specific would have helped more, I am happy to try and help.
Someone may have a different answer than me, yet sounds like something I know of.

Can you add that pic, I don't see any?
Also just some added Q's for you if you have time, answers dont need to be spot on and don't answer all or none if you don't wish to.
Q, how long have you been working on the level?
Q, how many saves have you completed building the level?
Q, on the area mentioned causing issues have you re-edited this area a few times? like replacing segs, doors etc.
Q, can you take a full shot of the level? Please don't, if you wish to not give any of your game away.
Q, Did you by any chance use SDK segs in the room and replaced those with custom or other pack segs?
Chris Redfield 2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 05:51
Lag, Eh? Here, this should help:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149771&b=21

This mod should fix your lag, as well as bring a whole assortment of goodies to the table(almost all of which are not included in the stock version)... Enjoy.

C.R. 08

"When i first beheld this apparation--for i could scarcely regard it as less--my wonder and my terror were extreme." Edgar Allan Poe- 1841
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 06:00 Edited at: 26th Jun 2009 06:08
Yeah true, mods from what I hear do a good job.
Yet depending on his response I think he may have created a two-dimensional array seg issue.

Edit:
@Nextgen, why did you create another post? Are you on post-mod?
Anyway, I just read your other post I have copied the pic here also.
Do you mean that whole area of the pic? I thought from your post you are meaning a selected area of a larger area. I'll wait for your reply.

Nextgen map pic: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_pic.php?i=1787273
NEXTGEN
Years of Service
User Offline
opps i posted twice check other thanks for help
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah I did check the other. It would be easier if you posted here, rather than back and forth maybe.
I copied the pic over for you and others. Maybe re-edit your first post here to match your other.
NEXTGEN
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah that is just part of the lvl
NEXTGEN
Years of Service
User Offline
id like to use a mod but have little knowalage of how touse one let alone installing it i would have to change some code out right?
NEXTGEN
Years of Service
User Offline
ohh and i have fps's latest update
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 09:23
Simply copy the FPSC-GAME.exe from the mod you downloaded in your FPSC directory

[href]http://chargedstudios.netne.net/index.htm[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
NEXTGEN
Years of Service
User Offline
where can i learn how to use airmod and if ive already made the the lvl will the mod cover it or would i have to start all over

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 17:32:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 17:32:19