Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Model Pack 29

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 14:48 Edited at: 26th Jun 2009 14:49
Model Pack 29 has been released today.

Create your own tropical island, full of lush foliage and sandy shores. This pack contains a huge array of foliage, including ferns, flowers, palm trees, etc. The pack also contains an assortment of tropical styled buildings and huts, plus a large collection of rocks and cave styled pieces, for you to really enhance your level design.

For more details on this pack please visit http://www.fpscreator.com/pack29.html

A YouTube video is also available here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3KriRvpdDI
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 14:57
Oh wow that is amazing.

I can see a use for this already .

WizMod Developer.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 14:57
Here come the FPSC versions of Crysis!
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 15:00
Quote: "Here come the FPSC versions of Crysis!
"

With similar system requirements to get them running smoothly

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 15:00 Edited at: 26th Jun 2009 15:01
Oh no i think my moneys going to be decreasing yet again. Honestly this pack is shockingly great quality.

and so true you most likely need the same specs needed for FPSC X10 to get these models to actually work

The Next
Windows 7, Intel Core 2 Duo 3.2 Ghz, 4GB, 2x Nvidia 9600GT 1GB
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 15:02
Quote: "With similar system requirements to get them running smoothly"

LOL; well, there is that.
The Aaron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 15:08
Two more packs! Awesome!!!
~Aaron

Download Failed...
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 17:13 Edited at: 26th Jun 2009 19:09
Wonderful! I see huge potential in this.

edit: I have already placed my order on this one. Looking forward for the download approval.

Running my latest game superbly on FPSC and Project Blue Mod.
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 18:48 Edited at: 26th Jun 2009 18:48
looks very promising

EDIT: I just watched the vid and I wished there where more about the buildings to be seen - especially if they can be entered. The brope bridge in *action* would also have been nice

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 19:03
The screens on the page you listed have nearly all the same shots, Mike.
DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 19:24
Awww, I wish it was free...

If every millisecond in your life was 10 problems in the world, you'd be immortal
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 21:00
Excellent model pack. The video was really impressive also.

Rick must have been using project blue UM when he recorded that LOL.

If the lightmapping in FPSC X10 gets improved to X9 standard this will be on my shopping list.
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 21:19 Edited at: 26th Jun 2009 21:19
Quote: "Amazing. But I feel so angry, as I was busy with this sort of models too. ACTUALLY I GOT LIKE 50 + Models of this things. An now you give these just away for 10.99. NOoooo. OMG. Have no words for it. I just cant believe you guys made it. I MADE IT FIRSt.

Just Kidding, good work anyway."

Stevie
User Banned
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 21:50
THanks for all the great comments on my pack

Regarding performance of the pack, was impressed when i was making the demo level at how many trees and foliage items i managed to get in, whilst keeping a great fps. Even when i recorded the demo level, the fgs was staying high

Steve
Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW..Stevie you have really out done yourself this time!! i have ordered both 29 and 30 model packs today. i sure hope i receive both packs today...i can't wait. keep up the Awesome work. i hope you have a great weekend.

Cheers,
Tanya.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 02:52
Stevie,

Nice pack and presentation. Congrats on a job well done.

Brian.

cram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 12:51
Me buy
Siddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Can these be used with DBPro?
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 10:06
Yes, the installer asks if you want to make a stand-alone installation that can be used with DBP.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 19:40 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 19:58
Nice Pack indeed.

I was expecting different sounds for the footstep sounds on the sand though.
It sounds as if he is walking on a wooden floor instead of sand.
There is my constructive criticism.

Also, I have noticed there is no itemized list of entities and segments like the other packs have.
I guess the screenshots say it all, but a list would be nice.

Quote: "This pack contains a huge array of foliage, including ferns, flowers, palm trees, etc. The pack also contains an assortment of tropical styled buildings and huts, plus a large collection of rocks and cave styled pieces, for you to really enhance your level design."

Huge?
How many is huge?
I don't want an itemized list but at least tell us how many entities total, and same for segments.

I'll buy these packs anyway because they look great and are still a great value, but I did want to air my gripes so maybe we can get a list next time.

Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I don't want an itemized list but at least tell us how many entities total, and same for segments."

@ Conjured Entertainment, as for the Middle east pack there are 25 buildings, 3 market stalls, 7 jar props and 70 seg. floors.

As for the Tropical pack there are 4 segment floors, 9 buildings,4 characters, 31 foliage, 5 misc, 25 rocks and 13 trees.

I hope that helps out. I hope you have a great day.

Cheers,
Tanya
TechNo VaLLey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 00:03
WoW!

Thanks Tanya for these useful information. I was thinking about buying the Middle East Pack

I wonder if you can provide me more information about trees collisions for the tropical pack trees. Aren't there any trees in trhe middle east pack?

Techno VaLLeY
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 00:33
No trees in the middle easter pack - think it says so on the buying page.

I have the tropical trees in my game now and for the ones I have tested so far there isn't any collision with them. It would probably be possible to change this directly in FPSC or the FPE file.

Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I wonder if you can provide me more information about trees collisions for the tropical pack trees. Aren't there any trees in trhe middle east pack?"

@ TechNo VaLLey as for the Middle East Pack there are no trees at all.

As for the Tropical pack there are no collisions in FPSC 9 but what i have noticed in FPSC 10... some of the trees don't show up in game or just start to disappear once you get closer to them.

The Female Mercenary character only the gun will start shooting at you... for some strange reason the screen turns blue once you start playing..other then that the pack is ok...could be better. both packs have been tested with the latest FPSC updates. I hope Stevie works out the minor bugs.

Cheers,
Tanya.
TechNo VaLLey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 01:40 Edited at: 30th Jun 2009 01:40
@Scurvy Lobster
Thanks for your reply on both threads

@Leaning Objects To The Side thanks for your great review

Techno VaLLeY
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 09:01
Quote: "@ Conjured Entertainment, as for the Middle east pack there are 25 buildings, 3 market stalls, 7 jar props and 70 seg. floors.

As for the Tropical pack there are 4 segment floors, 9 buildings,4 characters, 31 foliage, 5 misc, 25 rocks and 13 trees."

Thanks Tanya.

4 Characters! nice.

I guess I will download now and check them out.

Thanks again

Tectonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 14:23
The 4 Charaters are as follows: 1 male scout (in dessert miliary gear) and 3 female characters (1 scout, 1 explorer and 1 merc.) The three female characters look like different skins on the same base model. On my machine all the characters worked fine. They default with a machine gun.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 18:57 Edited at: 1st Jul 2009 18:59
I had the same issue with the characters as I did with the Dungeon Pack characters....they don't show up (invisible, except for the gun); they are actually there (as they shoot me), but you can only see the gun and some odd geometry.

I also seem to be having issues with the transparencies (black edges visible) on the foliage. Not sure what that is; as the advert pics don't show it?

Also; the bridge cuts me down to single digit Frame-rates, when trying to cross it? That's on a level with nothing but the bridge over a few of the rock segments. Other than that; I experienced frame rates in the 30's. The sand texture (wavy one) has a teeny-tiny bit of seam issues; but overall can be covered up with a few pieces of foliage and rocks (the rock textures are great, by the way).

I'm continuing to play around with this pack. Other than the few issues I've explained above; it's well worth it, just for the rocks and foliage...let alone the buildings. This pack would go great with a Crysis type level, or possibly a Pirate type level. Not to mention much of it could be used in other genres.

Well worth the $20.

-Keith
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: ".they don't show up"

Turn on full shaders, If that works then take off the shader that they have on them and turn shaders off it should work.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 02:23
Ahoy there matey.

I have full shaders off and the characters show up for me--with their default effects and textures. Also, I'm not getting any slow down with the bridge. Isn't it amazing how different computer systems will play games differently. I'm not being sarcastic--just really amazed. Also, I'm using v115. It's my mod but I hadn't done anything that would effect "entities." Well, except for the ability to change sync rates.

I really like the pack. I'm going to use it in my next level for my grandson. It's a pirate level so this came out just in time. I just wish I had a large sailing ship but I will use the boat in this pack as the final objective of this level. Can't wait to get started. My grandson can't wait either. He's been bugging me about it. It's been awhile since I made the last one.

BTW Keith, I'm going to try to get over to BD Forums and update what I've been doing. I barely have time to post here with everything I have on my plate. You'd think being retired I'd have plenty of time. Well, I guess age and being slower has something to do with the time element. This pirate gotta be off.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 15:13 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2009 15:14
Quote: "BTW Keith, I'm going to try to get over to BD Forums and update what I've been doing."

Sorry to say that a hacker (chinese apparently) hit us awhile ago; I had to take everything down, and although I still own the domain, Black Draco Games is no more (for now). Everything was taken down, and I started up a small community of Game Artists at http://www.gameartistgroup.com.

I sent out a few letters and notices to PM boxes and Emails about it, before closing things down; I hope you didn't have anything too important on it?

-Keith
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2009 05:35
Is this compatible with X10?

"You are not smart! You are very un-smart!"
electric chihuahua
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

Im having the same problem. The guns fire at me but all I see is weird geometry. Im running 1.09 and I dont think I have any shaders on. I noticed when I first select the characters there is a strange delay before I am back to the editor screen. Doesn't happen with any other entitys.
Tectonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2009 16:05
@ Toasty Fresh - all the new packs come with install options for X10 as well as Dark basic

@ electric chihuahua - maybe you need to update your software, check the Files tab and download the upgrade, I am using upgrade 1.14.

Hope this helps

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 19:19:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 19:19:27