Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Benge sprite problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I'm not sure if anyone else had this problem. These benge entities are in my menu and everything seems fine until I execute the program. I don't see anything. When I drag anyone of the entities in my program it shows an axis of the entity but that is it and like a said it doesn't show anything. I'm not sure if I'm missing something or not.

?..?..?..?
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
yes the go in some other hard drive mine is calld f but the instalment was in the c:drive...so i take it from c and put it to f........

divernika
GALACTUS
Years of Service
User Offline
nikas I'm sorry, I'm not following what you mean at all. Why would I have to put these on another drive?

?..?..?..?
GALACTUS
Years of Service
User Offline
They aleady exist in FPS and I can drag and drop but nothing happens for some reason.

?..?..?..?
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmm, that's odd, ok first, check what script is in the appear box, it should either be Appear1.fpi or repeatsound.fpi

In the main script it should be decal.fpi, if you are using decalfixed.fpi the placing is off so maybe they could be in the wall when you use them

If those are fine then you may want to just reinstall them, won't take long and that's probably your best bet

Hope this helps

All the best

Yeah... got hurt when i tripped... on some bullets
GALACTUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Ekipshi Yeah everything is set right but no dice. The weird thing is the decals that come with fps work fine along with everything else. It's just this.

?..?..?..?
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmmm, well i suspect that the actual decal images did not get put into the directory properly then. As i said your best bet may be to reinstall the pack, just run the setup and click the repair option. If that does not work, try a full uninstall and reinstall

Hope this helps!

All the best

GALACTUS
Years of Service
User Offline
I noticed the decals in FPS are set to a .dds format None of the Benges sprites are. Is there a way I can convert these images out of Benges?

?..?..?..?
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 05:07 Edited at: 27th Jun 2009 05:08
No they are in DDS format, if you are looking at entitybank/generic/bengesprites, those are BMP because they are the thumbnails

Go to gamecore/decals, look for the folders with the names of the benge decals, look in them and there is a dds file named decal that is the image the sprites use. Check if they are there. If they are, first off, look and see in the sprites properties in the editor and there should be a box labeled decal, and should have the name of the folder with the appropriate decal, such as the black smoke entity has the entry of: "blacksmoke 16"

Hope this helps

All the best

GALACTUS
Years of Service
User Offline
GEEEESE Again, my computer put these in another directory. This machine is starting to scare the hell out of me

They weren't in the decals directory. I put them in there and now everythings fine. I think my computer is developing a mind of it's freaking own.

Thanks Ekipshi

?..?..?..?
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Good to hear it's workin for ya! Lol, you shoulda seen my old computer God that thing was scary as hell, so glad i finally upgraded , the old one could barely run FPSC

All the best dude

Exciting Sci-Fi thriller: Equinox. Coming Soon.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=151865&b=25

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 17:39:07
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 17:39:07