Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Lights off by destruction?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm building a level with a sort of underground base and it has a room full of generators. I want to make it so when you destroy the generators, white lights that are already on go off, and red lights that were previously off turn on, how would I go about doing this?
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 02:12 Edited at: 27th Jun 2009 02:12
Download the FPI editor to start with

http://files.thegamecreators.com/fpscreator/FPI_EditPad_Setup.zip

Now may wan't to learn the FPI script language (I do not know it so please do not ask me )

Start a new project with this program and you could follow on from there. I would trying asking around the board though Cause I can't really give you any help cause Im looking for a light fliker script so it flickers gently in a room.

Lets get one thing straight , You and me both make FPS games by cheating
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 02:14
By using scripts and If Used. Name all of the white Lights the same name so they can all be activated at the same time. Same for the red Lights, but give them all a different name than the white Lights, so that they can be activated at the same time.

The problem you're going to run into here is that you'll need all of the lights to be dynamic and you can only have 6 dynamic lights lit up in the level at any given time. So you'll need to spread your lights out so that only 6 are within view at any time.

The one and only,

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 02:17
Plystire , Do you know how to get lights to gently flicker in the background cause you seem pretty confident about this script stuff

Freakon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 11:36 Edited at: 27th Jun 2009 11:37
Bigsnake,

when you place a light marker, right click on it to view the properties, change it to dynamic, change the main script to light2 as that is a stock flickering light script

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 12:04
Thx , Acturly found this out before I went to bed last night - Werid

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 17:32:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 17:32:51