Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Coding Challenge

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 03:44 Edited at: 27th Jun 2009 03:46
* Edit * How annoying. The title is supposed to be "Coding Challenge"
Since I'm relatively new to Dark GDK and Sparky's Collision I thought Hmmmmm. I suck at programming. I need to get better Then I though some more pretty much the only way I could get better is studying other peoples scripts/programs and asking questions. So I have decided to set up a string of challenges each lasting a two weeks long. So pretty much I'm going to decide which program is the best.

The first challenge is:
To create a game using Dark GDK, and Sparky's Collision. The game will be a Pool game. All you have to do is make a pool game with any features you want. Along with this you will have to post the script, upload the project with files. Please I want this to be a fun project; make this game as interesting as possible. But remember use humour as long as it's kid approipriate. Again have fun and good luck!

"A job well done is a well done job."
Marsh0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 09:07 Edited at: 27th Jun 2009 09:07
walks in, sees title edit.

Leaves disappointed.

Where is the link to sparky collision?
Krisacz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 13:22
There is already thread for Coding Challenges, if you will read forum a bit you will notice, it's here:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=150933&b=22
And good luck I you thing that people will write programs/games on your demand....
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 18:44
Quote: "pretty much the only way I could get better is studying other peoples scripts/programs and asking questions"

Or you could stop bothering people and do one of the many C++ tutorials available on the internet... Nobody's going to write code just so you can study it, and people will get annoyed if you keep asking questions that can be found out by a simple search...

Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "pretty much the only way I could get better is studying other peoples scripts/programs"

I have to disagree, it is not the only way to get better. You can learn from books, tutorials, language references, reading advice given to others on the forum, etc. - and most importantly, by practice. Even solutions in another program are much more understandable if you have previously tried to do the same thing yourself.

Experiment, try to "suffer together" something and then ask if there would have been a better way to do it. No problem with asking questions, but at least make an attempt first.

One good way to develop your skills would be to actually participate in these coding challenges that Krisacz pointed to. It doesn't matter if you won't be the winner, what matters is that you think about the problem, write something that works, and then afterwards you can compare it with other people's solutions. If you think your code is not worth showing, then don't submit it on the forum, but still do it for yourself at home. I believe you can learn more by doing than by watching.
ScapeSta
Years of Service
User Offline
ok folks! I'm sorry about this thread... I left my user logged in for 1 hour and BAM! Some one gets on and makes this thread! I'm sorry if I have disapointed you but I'm not good enough to do this =). Well see ya!

prasoc
Years of Service
User Offline
So you're blaming someone else?

Your signature has been erased by a mod
ScapeSta
Years of Service
User Offline
Well Someone else made this thread. I Was going to do some like this except with wings 3d on a different thread, but I'm busy. Let this thread die!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 05:46:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 05:46:29