Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Light threw glass

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 15:43
Seen many pictures of light threw glass hitting floor etc, Just wondering how i would go about doing this effect. Thanks

===================
No life, Lots of love, 2 Kids, God save me LOL
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 16:16
you would put the light a bit above the light and away from it, next time just try stuff as thats often how people get the best effects

gamer for life
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 16:24 Edited at: 27th Jun 2009 16:24
You probably need better lightmap quality. Go to your FPSC install folder and find setup.ini (open it with notepad)

Find the line: lightmapquality=5 and change 5 to at least 30. It will increase the ammount of time it takes to create the lightmaps but also increase quality.

Also, make sure you are building your games with Light maps set to the full quality button in the Build Game menu inside FPSC.

There are more ways to increase quality but this one is the first to try since it doesn't harm the running or loading speed of your game in a negative way.

Running my latest game superbly on FPSC and Project Blue Mod.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 17:35:41
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 17:35:41