Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Multiplayer.Lib problem at link-time

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 01:09
DarkGDK is giving me 12 errors at compile-time when I try to run my program, and it worked fine before. I do not know what has changed, but now it generates 12 errors all coming from the multiplayer.lib file which I am not even trying to use in the game I am making! Any helpful advice would be appreciated. BTW, I have already uninstalled and reinstalled DarkGDK, DarkAI, EZRotate, and DarkMatter2 packages as well as DarkGDK.NET, so that isn't a workable solution. :{

"The Dark Side Clouds our vision...Only the Dark Lord of the Sith knows of our weakness. If informed the Senate is, multiply our enemies will." Master Yoda, Episode II.
Bran flakes91093
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 03:33
You can search the forums for how to make a dummy multiplayer.lib, or you can change the runtime library for your project to /MT.

Project->!Project_Name! Properties...->[+]Configuration Properties->[+]C/C++->Code Generation

For 'Runtime Library', select /MT instead of /MTd.

Your_Health = (My_Mood == HAPPY) ? 100 : NULL;
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 04:02
Ive not experienced your problem, except in relation to the version of the DirectX SDK that I am using.

The GDK's multiplayer.lib is using a DirectX library that is no longer included with the DirectX SDK after the August 2007 version. As Bran flakes91093 said, you can find how to make a dummy multiplayer.lib to work around that problem by searching the forums, its quite easy to do, I use a dummy multiplayer library myself as I use the latest DirectX SDK's as they are released and its not hard to find networking libraries you can integrate easily in its place.

But, if you are using the August07 DXSDK the deprecated library will not be your problem. You said that you un-installed and re-installed everything, I do know from experience that the order in which you install GDK and the DXSDK can make a difference as to whether the installer does what its meant to.

If you could post your code aswell, and the errors you are getting, it might help someone narrow the problem down for you

good luck

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
Holy Cow Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 03:30
Actually, the code is irrelevant, it worked before. I found the solution was to remove the March09 and Nov08 DX SDKs from the VC++ Directories list. Now the GDK compiles without errors. It worked well enough in VS 2010 Prof. Ed., but I didn't have the two newer SDKs in the Directories list, as you have to add those to each project or solution manually every time you want to use one with a project. Thanks for the help in resolving this matter.

"The Dark Side Clouds our vision...Only the Dark Lord of the Sith knows of our weakness. If informed the Senate is, multiply our enemies will." Master Yoda, Episode II.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 05:50:10
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 05:50:10