Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / (X9 Horror Game) - The Land of the Epidemic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 23:44 Edited at: 30th Jun 2009 02:14
Hey all, I upgraded my PC not so recently, and so I have decided to start on a new project, featuring a modern horror theme. The story goes like this:

In the year 2010, a group of experienced scientists recieved signals that gave evidence of life on Mars. They sent a group of astronauts to collect evidence and data of life on Mars. They brought back some very strange things. Little did they know that these were mini, almost static lifeforms named Hebberezes that depend on humans to survive, and once they have a human in sight, they jump into the body and modifies it, slowly transforming the human. Once transformed, the number of Hebberezes duplicate, and soon comes from singles to tens to hundreds to millions.
The astronauts were the first to caught it and were completely unaware. They slowly transformed into monsters, and the number of Hebberezes started to grow. The scientists, who had taken back the astronauts to study the cause, were the next to catch it. Slowly transforming into bigger, more dangerous creatures, the number of Hebberezes grew and began to catch onto the public. People, with unknown symptoms, were rushed to hospitals. The Hebberezes passed on, and soon infected nearly everyone, including the nurses and doctors working at the hospitals. Soon the city became nearly a fully infected city.
The Government responded by sending out special military forces to deal with the epidemic. They killed everyone, including survivors that weren't infected. However, the Hebberezes caught onto some of them too, and soon there are few military squads left to deal with the situation.
You are one of the surviving citizens rushed to the hospital, slowly transforming but not yet fully infected. The hospital you are in is already crawling with the infected, and the only way to stop the epidemic is to kill all the infected and the source of the Hebberezes, which remains unknown. You are one of the few survivors, and unfortunately the remaining squads already treat you as a monster and will execute you at first sight. You must stop the epidemic.
However, as you progress, you find legacies that you learn that modifies your mind, and allows you super human powers. You also find information from legacies of those that have been killed or infected. Using this information, your powers, and the weapons you find, you must stop the epidemic once and for all, while avoiding being killed by either the soldiers or the inhuman creatures. You have an ability to transform to use the injected fluid, and when you do, your whole body changes. When you stop using it, you're a normal human again.

Yes, it is kind of like BioShock (I kinda copied the plasmids) but I changed the story lots. Please note that the point of this game isn't to make everything look old and abandoned, but to make it seem like an ordinary, but infected, place.
I plan on making ammo scarce, so that the player would need to conserve ammo. Besides, in an infected city, why would there be tons of ammo lying around?
As you progress on it will become a bit of a scifi game, as you discover laboratories and investigate deeper into the lifeforms on Mars.
Here's a screen of when you first wake up in the hospital. More screens to come.
So far the first level is about 40% done.

Also, I am looking for people to do voice acting and cutscenes for this game. If you are interested, either email me or post it here.

I also plan on entering this game into the Ultimate FPSC Competition. If you think I should, please tell me.

The Land of the Epidemic... When Mars can't handle it's Earth's turn...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 23:44 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 04:04
Here's the next screen, still in the first level, which takes place in a hospital.

My PC specs: 3.0GHZ Pentium Core Duo Processor, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT with 512MB, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive

Attachments

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 23:45 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 04:04
Here's another screenshot, which just happens to take place in one of the many offices in this level, where you can find information about the epidemic.

My PC specs: 3.0GHZ Pentium Core Duo Processor, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT with 512MB, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive

Attachments

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 23:46 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 04:05
Here's another screenshot of another room in the hospital.

Attachments

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 23:47 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 04:05
Here's a screenshot of a small lobby.

Attachments

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 23:48 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 04:06
Here's another screen of the lobby.

Attachments

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 23:48 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 04:07
Another screenshot of the lobby.

Attachments

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 23:49 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 04:07
Last screenshot of the lobby.

Attachments

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 23:50 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 04:08
Here's a screenie of a balcony.

Attachments

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 23:51 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 04:08
Here's a screenshot of a room when you get another weapon. Please note that I used Errant AI's modified gunspecs for F.E.A.R style zooming.

Attachments

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 23:51 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 04:09
Last screenshot for now, looking down from the balcony.

Attachments

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 23:54
That Nazi symbol in the office doesn't look right. The walls are too grunged, they'd be more wallpaperish or something. I'd add more chairs into the middle of the lobby room, or something, it looks empty right now...

Other than that, it looks pretty cool, I like the atmosphere...

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll break it up into firewood...or swap it for a fish."
-Frankie Boyle, on Mock the Week
Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 00:02 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 04:10
Thanks for that CoffeeGrunt. I'll correct that later into the day.
Here's another screen of an office, it's nearly all dark...

Attachments

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 00:02 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 04:11
Here's another screenshot of an office.

Attachments

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 00:04
I'd say that last one's more of a storage room, but the radio doesn't fit. It'd be odd for a hospital to have an antiquated radio in it...

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll break it up into firewood...or swap it for a fish."
Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 00:30
Thanks for the comments coffeegrunt, just that many of the hospitals nowadays have some dated radios... lol I'll change it when I get a more modern radio...

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 03:58 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 04:03
Here's a new bunch of screenies from the second level, I decided to shorten up the first level a little bit. The second level is about 30% done. This new level is a warehouse, and after you've escaped from the hospital, you end up in a warehouse somehow.
Here's a bunch of screens from ImageShack:

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 13:20
Man I have to ask, how do you get those shadows? What is your setup settings if I may ask?

Game looks absolutely great so far by the way - can't wait to see more

-Cheers

Ich will in Beifall untergehen.
Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 17:59 Edited at: 29th Jun 2009 18:00
Thanks Braden 713. My settings - dynamic lighting enabled, quick light mapping, medium texture quality. I'm also using airmod 0.6 beta, but I'm not sure if that is the difference. I'm guessing that with dynamic lighting enabled, the light bounces off the objects and reflects them on a wall as a shadow... or something like that. I also used static entities, if they're dynamic then I changed them to static mode, because that takes away a bit too much of the frame rate. I'm guessing that light doesn't bounce off dynamic entities but static ones, so I'm guessing that also adds to the shadows.
-Adrian

Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 18:13
The warehouse shots look really nice and I like the story, keep it up

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 18:19
Thanks man. Anyone think I should enter the competition?

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 20:33
Quote: "with dynamic lighting enabled, the light bounces off the objects and reflects them on a wall as a shadow"

No, that'd be ambient occlusion...sorta. Dynamic lighting is lower grade lighting that is rendered every frame, rather than prerendered like static lightmaps. While the quality is less, and in large numbers it can cause lag, this allows for stuff like flickering or even moving lights by allowing lights to be set to dynamic and use a script...

XxShadowxX
Years of Service
User Offline
Enter it in the competition it looks like a really good game.

Technology...The next PAND3MIC...

Attachments

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 06:14 Edited at: 1st Jul 2009 06:16
Quote: "No, that'd be ambient occlusion...sorta. Dynamic lighting is lower grade lighting that is rendered every frame, rather than prerendered like static lightmaps. While the quality is less, and in large numbers it can cause lag, this allows for stuff like flickering or even moving lights by allowing lights to be set to dynamic and use a script..."

Oh... well I'm not so sure, he asked for my settings and that's all I know, sorry.

There's four more screens from level 2 I took in a rush, so they arent in the best places around. The second level is about 70% done now.

Here's a screen of one of the SAS soldiers you'll meet in the game. These enemies are one of the most badass enemies in the game, so watch out. Their sniper rifle can take you out in one shot or two at the most. I'll admit that I've lost around seven lives to one of these guys.

Attachments

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 06:15
Here's just another random room in the warehouse...

Attachments

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 06:15
Once you kill the SAS, youll take his weapon, and your life would be made much easier...

Attachments

ETCG
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats a good idea. I kinda forgot that trick in games where it will start kinda hard, have a really hard part, then get easier. It's also pretty realistic too. If you were stuck in a hostile situation and you're not used to it, it will be hard in the beginning. But you will slowley adapt and life will be easier...

Sorry if it's a little off topic, but it sounds good. Make it hard, but just the good hard that makes you think, not annoy you.
Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 18:02
Thanks. Since in most FPSC games you can just run into a room and fire, then get out with nearly full health, I'm forcing the player to take cover.
-Adrian

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 23:50
ugh! This is always happening! I got a serious infection of trojan horses... and the response? Norton Internet Security deleted practically all of my FPSC directory!
Alright... this thread is closed... can a mod please lock it... I should learn to backup my files...

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 02:43
Oh man, that is so harsh...really sorry to hear that. Hopefully we see your work pop up again soon, it's very good

-Cheers

Ich will in Beifall untergehen.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 14:36
Damn! I got my firearms and knives ready. Are you ready to go hunt some hackers!

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 14:44
Quote: "Damn! I got my firearms and knives ready. Are you ready to go hunt some hackers!"

Hell yeah!

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Very Harsh. Sorry to hear this Adriano jones.
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
another boring zombie epidemic game..god demn use your imagination people

divernika
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Tired of you judging people Nikas, to be honest you annoy me more then anything lol, to be honest his game looked pretty good, its a shame it all got lost Adriano, sorry man

All the best

Yeah... got hurt when i tripped... on some bullets
Exciting Sci-Fi thriller: Equinox. Coming Soon.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=151865&b=25
Apocalyptic games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 19:33
Quote: "another boring zombie epidemic game..god demn use your imagination people
"

HE DID IT. BURN THE WITCH!
Apocalyptic games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 19:37
any ways man I'm really gutted about this it looked totally totally awesome.
And Nikas, it doesn't matter what the main concept is about it's about hard work perseverance and some badass AI scripts

P.s don't lock you can still get this game back on its track, it's a big step back but you can do it DO NOT LET US DOWN!
alimpo83
Years of Service
User Offline
Hard to ear you lost your files, the game looked great.

Alien and Wrecked Building Packs here: http://www.freewebs.com/alimpo83
AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2009 05:07
Well now a mod can lock this thread, I've tried redoing this game, it's going good so far, please take a look at this new thread here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=154283&b=25

The story is changed up a little, and the setting is different, take a look at it and you'll see.

Now a mod can lock this thread, and without further adieu, I'm off to the "redeemed" Land of the Epidemic.
-Adrian
infected
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 15:31
nikas:Ekipshi is right about you you are anoying you think that you are the best in making games
good game anyway maybe little more lights
all the best

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:38:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:38:43