Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / is there any way to get away from bugs and crushes??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
well i am afraid of starting a project cause fpsc gets me down when i have finished a game and some crush wont let me build my game or some textures wont appear etc...is there any solution for being safe from this???

divernika
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 03:09
There will always be problems in any engine, but if you use the latest update (v1.15) then you shouldnt have too much trouble. Personally i have had very little trouble with fpsc, if you still arent sure, then go with dark basic pro!

Hope that helps

Wizzkid

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 10:00
Textures dont appear on models that have multiple textures like EAI weapons,guns with hands ect. simply copy the textures to your game folder and thats it.

[href]http://chargedstudios.netne.net/index.htm[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
yes ok now i have an error that ocurs when i test the game and goes antyl physics....then it stops and give an extra debug 0 error and it crushes i had that on 1.07 and 1.09 upgrades i cant upgrade it to higher cause i use mods is there any hope to sovle this???

divernika
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 15:09
Well there are new mods which uses V1.15 now, so you could upgrade and use them.

You could use:

Project Blue

or

Wizmod (Click my sig )

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
no i use airmod witch dont use 1.15 upgrade.....so i have to be stuck with this now????/

divernika
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 19:20
The debug error is the worst thing you can get as its hard to figure out whats wrong,try everything,different build settings ect.

[href]http://chargedstudios.netne.net/index.htm[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
could it be because i run out of memory???i say this because some times when i test is for the first time it doenst crah and stop....or could this be quincidance

divernika
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey nikas, yeah I look to have the same problem as you. Here's my comment below.
Quote: "After running test mode for the first time in the editor, if I try to run test mode again the program shuts down, sometimes taking the task mamager with it. I can only save before a Test, Once I run 1 test I have to reboot the pc."

This only started happening in the last week for me. I checked ram, fresh install, re-updated to 115. Deleted the bdo/bins *thanks redeye. And it still occurs. I did install another program in this time, so I going to see if there is any conflics by removing it. who knows...I'll let u know if it worked.
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
whel i dont think it's memory cause i have 2 giga ram nvidia9400 gt with internal 1 giga graphic memory.....so what can i do?

divernika
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah I dont think its memory either.
I have the same as you and under system info, the available ram was a bit low than I hoped yet still enough to run fpsc. Maybe you should check that after you run fpsc. Programs>Accessories>SystemTools>SystemInformation.

I am going to try a fresh install of windows soon, unless my cause could be the motherboard or processor heating up, though I do have thermaltake.
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
@nikas and anyone else.
I fixed my fpsc problem with a fresh system install. I got to the point where it was taking more time to reboot than I was building.

This was my steps: However I am not held responsible for any loss of files etc if anyone wants to follow my steps taken.
(I did have a 2nd HDD slave attached. Or a usb drive, external HDD or cd-r/dvd-r could be used.)

*Copy the whole fpsc folder or the Files folder from programs folder. (I copied it all just incase.)
*Reinstall windows, dx9 and all other system programs/files needed.
*Reinstall Fpsc (I did not reboot)
*Copy the entire Files folder from your old fpsc folder, into the new Fpsc folder. Replace any files/folders if requested.
*Download and run Update v1.15
*Reboot system, Run fpsc.

I now have fpsc running like day 1. The chances of the problem being a dll, conflict, virus etc I was unsure of and this solved my problems.
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
ohh ok thanks man i will try it............

divernika

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 19:14:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 19:14:28