Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Missile Command

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2003 07:27 Edited at: 19th Aug 2003 07:27
I am currently working on a remake of Missile Command. I've done away with the several different cities concept and set mine over just one city, specifically London. Although the world has been kept flat (I lack accurate topographical data) the ground is comprised from seemless composites of aerial photography. You can even see the millenium dome

My plan is to use this project to experiment with combining special effects, i've already created my own 3D particle system using sprites for the missile trails and i'm currently mid way through adding the ground explosions when the missiles hit.

Pneumatic Dryll
Falelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2003 07:34
looks cool
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2003 18:20
Now showing a hi resolution screenshot:

http://www.bansheestudios.com/missileCommandHiRes.jpg

Pneumatic Dryll
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2003 18:23
looking good!
Ermes
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2003 18:24
very intresting project, Specially personal particle system.

Free Download for a Free World
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2003 20:12
I ended up mixing in the inbuilt particle system with my own, there's a whole-lotta particles going on Infact the scud impacting into London is a four part special effect explosion that takes minutes to complete, leaving behind the burnt cinders of what was London

Pneumatic Dryll
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2003 22:10
Phew, my house is just outa range! Looks like I can blow up my office though!

The programmer formerly known as sonic
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2003 00:32
It looks really good, however, the texture gets worse looking the further away it is from the camera. I know this is probably LOD, but it kind of takes away the effect of a good looking city.
Cant wait to see more screenies though.

Cheers,
Kentaree

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
Andy Igoe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2003 21:37
OK here's where this project is at:

I'm in talks with British Pathe for copyright permission on an introductory video, and their opening optimism (they didn't immediately say no like I thought they would) has given me the encouragement to try and sign up the London Symphony Orchestra for the music score, it's a bit ambitious, but I figure it's worth a shot because i've already got coverdisk and a 200,000 user subscription email list distribution sorted (and possibly even newsletter *hint hint*) giving me an apealling advertising window of nearly half a million users for this game.

This copyrighting stage is going to take me about two weeks. If I do sign one of these big names up then I am going to try and polish off every last nook and cranny from the game before releasing it to make it the biggest, bestest game I have ever written ... !

At that time I need to take a look at exactly what magazines it's going out on and their publishing dates and when the various email listings will hit, then i'll know when I can put the game up for release. It is likely one of the magazines will be the first actual place you can get it from, followed by a tie in with the email listing and web launch.

This is by far the most ambitious project i've ever attempted, and i'm all too aware I could fall very flat on my face - but what they hey - you only live once

Pneumatic Dryll
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2003 23:17
good luck dude!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 22:19:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 22:19:28