Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Building a fluid - anyone have a clue?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 00:47
I am looking for an example on how to build a fluid. I am not sure what i am talking about. I have Dark Basic Pro and Dark Physx installed and running. I have found a folder that has a bunch of physix command in it. They talk about building a fluid but there are no examples. I have downloaded a 2008 competition but none of the source code is there. I am really looking for fluid examples.
GameDaddy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 06:49
Have you downloaded the DarkPhysics Update 105?

The source code for the Flowing Fluid Demo is included in the 2008 competition folder with this.

Also, in the Dark Physics documentation folder... The Reference help file contains all the Fluid commands.

This is still a new technology so there's not much documentation for it. You'll find more details in the NVIDIA Physx SDK. I think they used OpenGL to make the water for the Physx NVIDIA Fluid Demo v1.0

The DBPro Water Demo uses a DirectX object (Waves.dds) to create the water plane, and modifies that plane with an effects file (fresnel.fx), finally the floor of the lake is simulated with yet another directX object (f_g_01_d2.dds).

PhysX (or if you prefer, Dark Physics) comes into play here when the boxes are dropped into the lake using gravity and a collision effect that modifies the fresnel.fx file to produce splashes... Physx is also used to "float" the boxes on the surface of the lake.

This source code for this is located in the Water DBPro file in the:
Competition 2008/Water

folder.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 09:59
try playing with this, you should see something once to find the gooblob.tga file.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
DrReaper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 06:09 Edited at: 1st Jul 2009 06:10
Thanks CanDo that is what I was looking for. I found some demos under The Game Creators on the start menu but they are also missing their source code for some reason.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2009 09:45
look for them as source code, sound like it did not install correctly.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:21:14
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:21:14