Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Problem with Level Boundaries and Collisions.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2009 12:43 Edited at: 1st Jul 2009 02:20
I am having problems setting the Collision on my level so my sprite cant walk out of the window. It seems that the only side that works is the right side of the screen.

Keep in Mind its running in a 800x600 window, and the only one I can get to work is the left side of the window. When I try any of the others my character vanishes or it just doesn't work.
Edit:
After updating my code I can get very side to work but the bottom here is the changed code.
And if I put in the PlayerY value my character doesn't appear at all! Any help is nice.
Bndit
Years of Service
User Offline
Anyone? I am still having the same problem .
Bndit
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright well I figured out the problem on my own , but now I have another problems with my sprite sheet playing animations funny.
The animations work, but when I press up it plays the animation and if I then press left before the animation is finished the up animation will keep playing till its finished then it will switch to the left animation. Making my character look like he is moving left when he is going up .

Here is the code, I am new at doing animated sprites so I am glad I got this far. Which I got from the Dark Invaders and changed a few things.

Thanks for any help!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:01:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:01:35