Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Project team wanted - MIDI editor made in DB

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
CakeWalk is nice, and so are so many midi editors, the problem? not everyone can afford
them or has them, my RPGDTE needs a reliable midi editor
for those who dont have a midi editor like I or so many of you do.

here is the deal I will supply the information on decoding the midi format if you diede to help.

The program will not play back in realtime it will write a temp file midi and playthat if people test play the midi's I plan making this VERY graphical and heavily GUI based "like so many of my programs" The program itself can also be made free outside the RPGDTE aswell. The resolution is the fun part I base everything 2d in old time consoles so its everyone favorite 320X240 resolution, that way it will match the RPGDTE. I'll explain the layout to whomever is interested in it and has experience in file format decoding "MIDI is a DIFFICULT format" I have experience with it but more people the better! This is freeware so its a fun if you want to help project you dont get paid nor do you haveto stick around. I will supply design drawings of my idea aswell.
-----\
There was a man on the stairs that wasn't there.
He wasn't there agian today I think he's from the CIA.
ironhoof
Years of Service
User Offline
P.S:

I'll also supply the FILE FORMAT information files for those not experienced with midi if they think they can help
with it anyway

-----\
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 02:45
320 by 240?
*pukes*
sorry

I know nothing about MIDIs, sorry.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2002 03:12
320x240 should make for a simpler interface anyways, id love to take on the challenge if i only had the time...
ironhoof
Years of Service
User Offline
luagh if you will 320X240 is best for 2d it was practically designed for 2d in mind and has the best speed, larger may look finer but its just not practicle for 2d cause it takes larger images which means more memory. Infact i see it as less work goes into larger 2d cause people use fancey programs like PSP and photoshop, i do mine on a smaller screen but I do it all by hand PIXEL by PIXEL call me old fashion or i hand draw and scan and use my own function to paint and fill it in. I refuse to use drawing programs.. it just feels so lazy to me "loves to labor on my stuff too much" Ahwell im going to be doing this project myself cause im probably the only person who knows the midi format here.
ah anyway the offer is always open.

-----\
Leade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2002 15:38
You can download a superb midi, wave and directmusic editor and creator from
[url]microsoft.com/downloads [/url]
or
http://microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=33785&area=search&ordinal=112called, "DirectMusic Producer" and it's free so you don't need a serial code or credit card to download it.
You can also create directmusic segment files with it which darkbasic supports.

The file is around 10mb, maybe more, so it may take a while to download a a 56k modem, but it is a small price to pay for a really great piece of software.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:39:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:39:31