Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / codeing help?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I just started codeing and im not that fluent just yet. I used to code in GML(game makerv7 language). Which is kinda similare to a point. But I am planning on making a 3d side scroller shooter game and so far i have this code

which this is the basic loading the 3d model character, and the 3d terrain. With left and right movement and the setting of the camera.
What i need help with is merging this code with that

Which is a simple code that a friend of mine gave me for collisions. But it came with no comments to help me to figure it out. anyone have any clue on this?
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 13:17
I think that where each of your dbKeyState conditional's are, you would need to replace the dbMoveObject calls with a call to that method, passing it the mtype, which if you look is 1-left, 2-right, 3-forward, 4-backward and the number of the object you want to move.

To integrate it into your code, do the above, and also add a prototype for it at the top of your code juut below the header :

void MovePlayer ( int mtype, ModelNumber );
int Mode = 1;

and paste it at the bottom, outside the main program void DarkGDK() block.

those 3 variable declerations at the top, can be pasted just under the function prototype

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 05:49:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 05:49:15