Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / HELP. purchased version turned into the free version. please help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i purchased the complete fpsc about a year ago and its been good till now. i load it up and now its saying its the free version.
so now i cant create my games??? please help?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 01:15 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2009 01:16
Quote: "If you get this then close FPSC (it must not be running while you do this) then open the userdetails.ini file in the main FPS folder and add your name and serial number:

[PERSONAL DATA]
YourName=Name goes here
YourSerialCode=Serial number goes here
YourFullPath=C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator

[LOCALIZATION]
language=english

There should be no space between an equals sign and the text."

Brian.

lemon games
Years of Service
User Offline
i tried but it said access denied?
DocSpoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Retry, logged into an admin account, or an account which has full ownership of your hdd.

Bloodshot eyes since 1995.
Can't build game? http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=143035&b=24
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
For the love of all things great and small somebody please sticky this or an official thread with an OBVIOUS title! And no, I don't mean burry the instructions in a stickied thread with links to important topics.

If anyone is in the Wigan area maybe they can cap out at TGC HQ and start some sort of candle-light vigil until the issue is no more
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 11:13
Quote: "i tried but it said access denied?
"

Are you using Vista.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 16:51
Quote: "For the love of all things great and small somebody please sticky this or an official thread with an OBVIOUS title!"

It is getting a little ridiculous, aggravated by people not knowing how to use their operating system. The solution, however is not a sticky with instructions, but a fix from TGC. HINT! HINT!

Brian.

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 17:16 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2009 17:22
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=153576&b=21

Now if only something could be done about new members actually reading the stickies

Kravenwolf

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 19:05
NewsFlash: The updates are not the only thing that causes this.

I have been running v115 since it came out, and I had to enter my details to fix this FREE version issue.

Then , it was fine until I made a store purchase, and then I noticed it said free again.

So, the store could be causing this issue as well.

I hope TGC can find a fix for this and save everyone the headache.

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 20:56 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2009 20:57
Thraxas rocks

Quote: "Now if only something could be done about new members actually reading the stickies"

I know it's not a real solution when the problem desperately needs proper fixing but at least now we can constructively make people feel a little silly for posting when the question/answer is right there in plain sight and with red explanation marks and everything. At least the majority of them who didn't encounter Conjured's issue.

More importantly I hope it can save some people the grief of believing they've been taken for a ride.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 01:00 Edited at: 4th Jul 2009 01:52
I tested it again and a store purchase didn't do it, so maybe it was something else.

All I know for sure is; it did it without an update.

Quote: "at least now we can constructively make people feel a little silly for posting when the question/answer is right there in plain sight and with red explanation marks and everything"

Making them feel silly won't help anything, but maybe the red will get their attention and solve their problem before they even have it.

Quote: "i tried but it said access denied"

Yes, welcome to Windblows Vista.
Access denied, but aggravation is allowed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 17:31:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 17:31:06