Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / GDK compiler setup?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 16:09 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2009 16:10
Hi
Trying to get DGK physx to work have got the code to build but I am now getting this error

Quote: "Debugger:: An unhandled non-continuable STATUS_DLL_NOT_FOUND exception was thrown during process load
The program '[4248] Multiple Cloth Objects.exe: Native' has exited with code -1073741515 (0xc0000135)."

Done some searching but they just say I fixed it, but not how or the link broken.

So does anyone know how to slove this error normal GDK works OK.

If anyone has a list of defualt setting that I should be using?

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 18:58
Copy the PhysX DLL files into your project's folder if they arent in your system's environment path.

You can find the version you will need easily by copying them from the DarkPhysics Sample project folder. I believe there are 3 or 4 DLL files.. NXCooking.dll, PhysXLoader.dll, NXCharacter.dll NXExtensions.dll.... I think those are the ones, make sure you give it the right version, or you will get another error again, about missing funcions in the DLL or a bad entry point or something.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 20:47
Why is it that when ever you uninstall any of ms stuff it still there so when you put it back it the same as if you never took it off.

So how do you take VC2008 off so that it will need to put back on not just update it self.

heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 22:23
I don't know if this is how you tried it already but go into Add/Remove Programs and scroll down until you find VC2008 and click the button to remove it. If you are using XP then do this:
Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs

Use Google first... it's not rocket surgery!
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 22:41 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2009 22:41
Tried that but it does not do as it says, it keeps a file somewhere that tells how to put it back as it was, its like trying to get old ME back to default, only way that work was to rename the system.ini file.

Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 05:03 Edited at: 4th Jul 2009 05:06
Have you tried un-installing "Visual Studio 2008 Express" from add-remove programs, the IDE for the Visual Studio apps is kind of seperate from the actual C++, C#, VB compilers. You can even download a Visual Studio IDE SDK from MSDN and make your own custom IDE using visual studio.

Basically when I want to un-install any microsoft stuff, which tends to be made up of multiple things, I go through add/remove programs and un-install any reference to it or anything it was dependant on(in this case the VS08 C++ express is dependant on the Visual Studio IDE). Once there are no references to the product inside the add-remove programs applet, its usually safe to delete the remaining files manually(as long as you have backups, sometimes microsoft's dependancies run deep).

I know that technically, the uninstall APP should go through and remove all traces of the app you want to remove, and usually they do, but there are some cases where either through registry alteration, or program modification from outside sources, later installs etc that result in the installer not doing everything it should.

EDIT : Be careful while playing with uninstallers that you dont accidentally remove your VC++ runtimes, as they are needed by a whole lot of stuff.... basically to run anything created in VSC++

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 11:29
Well have taken VC2008 off and put it back on again, some of the PhysX demos work most don't, standard Basic works fine no errors unless it the user.

So how do find out what dll it looking for?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 05:50:59
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 05:50:59