Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Can't open my project through the \Debug\Dark GDK - Game1.exe file without an error poping out

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
OK I wanted to test how my source file would work without running it form the compiler.

It when it opens up and the music plays, but the screen is black and then gives me a "error while collision check object(1032528461) not setup"

The thing is I have no object with that imaginative number :/ in my project, is this sparky's doing ? and how can I fix it, or is there a better way for me to have a source file.exe to run the project without doing it form the compiler?
heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 01:02
Can you post the code that you think might be causing the problem?

Use Google first... it's not rocket surgery!
yahya
Years of Service
User Offline
thats the thing, I have so many classes I don't kow where this weird object is coing from :?

I have like 12 classes, but I woul think the on with shooting might be the problem:

But it works in the comiler just fine sooo wth, I need to run my project throught an .exe file or am screwed, and all that hard work I put into it, would be stopped for something that poped out of now here.
Phosphoer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 01:51
Did you put your exe in a location where it can load any required media? Remember that all your code loads media relative to the source file's location, which means you have to put your .exe in the same directory.

yahya
Years of Service
User Offline
I based aa;; my onjects on a media folder then copied it to the .exe folder(debug), so ya the hting is I can hear the music playing but that error is what pisses the hell out of me
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 04:41
Its telling you that you are tring to check for collision against the (rather large lol) object number, and that the object hasnt been setup properly in the collision engine.

If you are deleting and creating many object during the life of your program, and assigning them ID's based on incrementing a counter of some kind, you will need to have some way of limiting how far it can count, in c++(and with any programming)numbers have a certain limit, depending on the variable type. You cant expect it to count on and on forever, not on its own anyway..

The only reason that it would be checking collision against such a large object numer is if you have told it to somewhere, it wont do it on its own, so I suggest you go through your code line by line and check all of the collision related stuff, to see what you are checking and where... check any variables that you are incrementing to make object with, and that they are all being setup properly.

If you are infact deleting and creating many objects, I would have to tell you that its really not an efficient way of doing things and will cause you more problems in the long run, instead of deleting and creating over and over, perhaps it would be better to create a small array of bullet objects, 100 or so object in the array, and that way you can cycle through them as they are fired, each time the gun is fired, a bullet is unhidden and starts moving, when the bullet gets to a destination(hits something) you can re-hide that bullet and stik it bak at the end of the queue of bullets.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
Phosphoer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 08:59
Also a possibility is that you are testing for collision against an uninitialized int. When you declare an int like this:

int MyInt;

MyInt might be equal to any value within the range of an int. So you have to make sure you initialize it to 0 like this:

MyInt = 0;

Or this ( one line ):
int MyInt = 0;

That would be a likely explanation for the huge value.

yahya
Years of Service
User Offline
Nop after days of looking into it, I can't seem to find the problem, didn't anyone encounter a similar problem?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 05:57:29
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 05:57:29