Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How do you use the game creator store?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 00:46
I recently downloaded some free assets from the game creator store for use in fps creator, but I cannot figure out where to put them in the fps creator folder to make them work in fps creator. In this case, I downloaded the dual elite gun entities made by JFletcher, and I took the files and the zip and put them in the entities\user folder in the fps creator directory, but the entity didn't show up in fps creator. Can somebody help me please!!

Do epic stuff.
Freakon
Years of Service
User Offline
when you open creator the items you have downloaded from the store will appear in a folder called purchased. Depending on whether its an entity or segment depends which section it is in.

Kraken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 17:28
But it doesn't show up in fpsc. There is no folder called "purchased" in the segment or entity library. When I first opened up the TGC Store, I changed the "download to" directory to my external drive. In order for them to show up in fps creator, I need to put the files in your supposed "purchased" folder. What I want to know is, where do I put the files for the entity/segment in the fpsc root directory in order for them to show up in fpsc creator.

Do epic stuff.
Kraken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 17:29
In short, Where is the purchased folder in the fpsc main folder?

Do epic stuff.
Kraken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 22:46
Can somebody please reply to this post? I spent ten dollars on items in the store, and I haven't been able to use them at all!!!

Do epic stuff.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 22:55
Once you download stuff from the store, it is automatically put in to the purchase folder.

If you have to move the files manually, then the gamecore files go in gamecore, entitybank in entitybank etc

If you lost the money then it's your own fault for not testing with the many free items available.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 22:58
Quote: "In short, Where is the purchased folder in the fpsc main folder?"

The purchased folder is created by the store, and your downloads are placed in it. If you told the store to put them somewhere else, then it did not make a "purchased folder" in your FPS Creator directory.

Normally (I you had not redirected the downloads) the purchased folders would be under the main categories: entitybank, segments, texturebank, etc. At this point, I have no idea what you downloaded or where to put it.

Go back and undo what you did, then download them again.

Brian.

Freakon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 23:18 Edited at: 4th Jul 2009 23:19
Quote: "In order for them to show up in fps creator, I need to put the files in your supposed "purchased" folder"

why change the download location if you are going to transfer them to FPSC anyway? and it is not my supposed "purchase" folder, as xplosys says its a system driven folder that is created.

If you installed FPSC correctly and didn't change the location of this install then you will find your FPSC files at:

C:/program files/the game creator/FPS Creator/files...

then as Aaagrann says match the files from your downloads to the files in the above path...
The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 14:43 Edited at: 5th Jul 2009 14:47
Did you TGCS in integrated in FPSC? If not than where did you save the file you downloaded? Anyways, you got to go to the FPSC directory and go in files\gamecore\guns\user.
Then place the Duel Elites in that folder.

Oh and for the entities you purchased, go to the folder you saved the models then move them to the entitybank\user.

I want a new computer!
Kraken
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2009 20:22 Edited at: 6th Jul 2009 20:33
I finally figured out how to do it!!!!!!!!!!

All of the entity resources you download only contain the texture file and the .x model file. You have to put both files in the user folder, run them through the entity maker, which I watched a tutorial on how to use. Then you manually put them in the purchased folder. Or, at least, that's how I figured out how to use them. Even if the game creator store automatically puts it the entity (that you bought) in the purchased folder as the default directory, fpsc won't recognize it as an entity unless you have the fpe file, which I had to create using the entity maker. Anyways, it works now, I'm just baffled that it's that complicated to import and use entities (or segments for that matter) into fpsc and use them in your game. If there is an easier way for you to use them in fpsc, please tell me.

Do epic stuff.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 19:13:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 19:13:50