Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Wings 3d Designs for RPG game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi I have begun working on a simple RPG for learning purposes. I have a picture of my model(s) so far. Please post for ideas and help!

"A job well done is a well done job."

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ScapeSta
Years of Service
User Offline
New Pictures

Attachments

ScapeSta
Years of Service
User Offline
Another Picture...

Attachments

ScapeSta
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok sorry I forgot to post help on how to animate it walking with dark gdk. Is there a program that can make the frames to make the charector walk?

tomtetlaw
Years of Service
User Offline
Umm.. I don't really get the point of this thread.. What are you asking for? (besides the animation help)

#ifdef _in_programming_heaven_
MakeAnAwesomeGame(lots of badies, lots of guns, lots of stuff to do, BIG level)
#endif
Technobabble91
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool I thought I was the Only oe in the world Who used Wings.
I will say that there is nothing as easy as wings for animation, but I can tell you two prgrams that can do it for free.
Blender
Anima8or

I am ok with the former, but I HATE the latter. It to me is sooo unintuitive However Thousands of user use it so Hey! Anima8or is a low poly animator, but it is not very good for modeling, so I would sugges that you import your models and rig them in anim8or.

As for blender it is hard, but after a while you'll get the hang of it. It is good for modeling and animation.

One last one would be milkshape 3d. It however costs something like $25 However Milkshape is capable of handeling almost any format in the world, so it has that going for it.

No matter what you chose it is going to be difficult to learn, so hit the tutorials and help manuals frequently.

I don't why I exist, so I have no reason not take your money and run.
tomtetlaw
Years of Service
User Offline
Blender isn't hard once you learn how to select different things in edit mode and if you learn the specials menu and the extrude thing.... and if ur doing basic stuff

#ifdef _in_programming_heaven_
MakeAnAwesomeGame(lots of badies, lots of guns, lots of stuff to do, BIG level)
#endif
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 17:19
Quote: "Umm.. I don't really get the point of this thread.. What are you asking for? (besides the animation help) "

I think its a great idea for people to let us know what they are doing and give us an update every so often, I might start a thread myself.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2009 01:01
You're probably best starting 3D model threads in 3D chat.

I can see you're just starting out, my advice would be to follow in depth a few tutorials and don't go straight for the character modelling ones either - whilst you're too early in your skills to get character models done, it is good to experiment. But doing other tutorials first can actually have you pull out so better looking characters sooner, as you'll be building up your modelling skills better.

Phosphoer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2009 04:52
Quote: "Anima8or is a low poly animator, but it is not very good for modeling, so I would sugges that you import your models and rig them in anim8or."

I was fairly sure that you couldn't export animations from anim8or, but could be wrong.

I would recommend Blender for both the modeling and animation.

ScapeSta
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok yall. I'll use blender for the animation and wings for designing. And also I'm actually fairly familiar with the software. I can design everything except for the randomness of attacking. Everything else I know how.

ScapeSta
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey if there are any mods here could you move this thread to the 3d model 3d chat thread area? I forgot to use it instead of dark GDK.

randal
Years of Service
User Offline
or maybe someone else hijacked your pc and posted it here while you weren't looking?
ScapeSta
Years of Service
User Offline
Not really. I remember to log out when i'm at my friends now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 05:45:59
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 05:45:59