Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Magic Particles for DarkGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Description from Newsletter78:
"Magic Particles is a special editor that allows you to create visual effects based on particle systems quickly and visually. Ignescent text, flying comets, autumn leaves dancing in a gust of wind, snowstorms and multicolored fog, wriggly tentacles of outlandish creatures, fantastic silhouettes of plants - all these and many more are possible. The program is so simple and easy to use that anyone can create professional special effects in just a few minutes and mouse clicks.

Games developers will be interested in the API version. It allows programmers to implement special effects directly in their programs. The API includes the particle path engine and tools to import particle data. Detailed information about all functions and C++ program examples are supplied along with API.

The API program delivery also includes the advanced Magic Particles application. It supports functions oriented towards application developers such as the creation of image atlases.

Full details of the Magic Particles suite, including the various licensing options can be found on the product website "

Is anyone use this system in your projects?
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 13:39
I guess it is too soon for that, as it has been just released.

It looks powerful, so it would be great if anyone have the time to test it and tell us how it goes, or even publish some executable sample code for DGDK.
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 14:03
There is a gdk wrapper and a great matrix demo on the website , but if you were to implement this in your own projects its far from easy ,you need to know how to use directx9 , it`s not for the beginner.

It could do with being wrapped in gdk style so the people who are used to gdk can use it .

chunks

nvidia geforce 9500gt + amd athlon 64
windows vista ultimate.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
also another problem is that magic particles renders directly to the screen overwriting your 3d objects.

it would have been batter to wrap everything and render to a gdk 3d plain, as one can manipulate the plain at will
AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 22:41 Edited at: 5th Jul 2009 23:16
It has nice little demo here: http://www.astralax.com/download/programm/darkgdk_wrapper_eng.zip

Thanks MrBiin, this is really great find. I have been looking for something like this

Edit:
After looking at it, with a bit of tidying into some functions it could be perfect. The editor looks great. Though only problems I see is that you can only render to a 2d coordinate. I guess you could use dbGetImage and get it rendering to a plane but you would still have it stuck to the screen. I will ask him if he could get it rendered to a texture. I think it probably renders to sprites at the moment.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
yes rendering to a texture would make magic particles really usable.
MrBiin
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all. I making a 3D variation of Magic Particles for Dark GDK.

Thile all is ok, this is work in progress screenshot

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 05:59:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 05:59:38