Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Ambience Level on hands/wepons models - how to change ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I don't know if I'm the only one with this problem or not, but the ambience level settings of the game affect the ambience settings of the players models/hands, I need them not to.

for instance, I want to make a game with 10 or less ambience color level, but If I do so, the hand/wepon model looks really dark, how do I make it not look dark ?

I don't know if I have explained myself correclty, I apologyze,

My best regards, any help apreciated
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 19:55
Quote: "Just a quick tip for you. I was playing with new character submissions from future FPSC artists and noticed some of the characters relied heavily on strong lighting for the best effect. Currently X9 users cannot control this, and currently rely on a fixed shader. I just wanted to to point you to the file which will allow you to change the ratio a little:

Ensure you make suitable backups, then navigate to this folder:

FPS Creator Files effectbank fastbone

And open the shader file FASTBONE.FX, then locate the line:

gogo = (max(0, dot(netNormal, L))*SurfColor*0.25) + (SurfColor*0.75) + AmbiColor;

And replace it with:

// gogo = (max(0, dot(netNormal, L))*SurfColor*0.25) + (SurfColor*0.75) + AmbiColor;
gogo = (max(0, dot(netNormal, L))*SurfColor*0.9) + (SurfColor*0.1) + AmbiColor;

This will change the ratio of directed light vs area lighting from 25/75 to 90/10, meaning 90% of the characters illumination will come from the point light in the local area, and only 10% will come from the general average lighting irrespective of whether the polygon is facing those light sources.

A great way to learn shaders is to change little things inside working shaders and see the results. If the shader fails to load, that means you have changed too much and so always maintain backups before radically changing your shader. Although NOTEPAD is great, it does not have very good undo/redo features. Find a nice text editor with great undo/redo and you are on your way to playing with shaders and making your visuals unique to your game!"

Brian.

DVNO
Years of Service
User Offline
yes, but for instance, wepon model pack 9 and 10 do not rely on the fastbone shader, but instead on the bumpcubereflectalpha.fx,

I'm currently messing with it, If i Find a fix Ill post it here, maybe this can be of use to others,

brb
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 20:37
So basically edit the fastbone.fx shader, like Xplosys said, and then apply it to the weapons in their gunspec files.

DVNO
Years of Service
User Offline
nope, you can't, at least with wepon pack 9 and 10 cause it messes the bone structure a lot really, u have to do it in the bumpcubereflectalpha shader, basicly, copy, edit it, and add the new path to the gunspec,

I'm working on getting it right, if I suceed I'll post it here,
DVNO
Years of Service
User Offline
Solved, if you want 0 ambience levels and still use model pack 9/10 without having the ambience light settings affecting these models, or any other models that use bump cube reflection fx, use this fx:

then in the gunspec just change the fx path to this one,

Cheers
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 21:30
Uh wth are you saying? Shaders dont have anything to do with bones.

[href]http://chargedstudios.netne.net/index.htm[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
DVNO
Years of Service
User Offline
maybe... I don't know, try to change the wepon pack 9/10 gunspec to use the fastbone.fx and you'll see what happens to the model animations.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 19:16:04
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 19:16:04