Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Ceilings and Aspect Ratios and a free kittens to anyone who answers!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2009 01:12 Edited at: 7th Jul 2009 01:20
EDIT: Wow, subject typo. "A free kittens"? haha

Hello TGC, some of you might remember me.

I am returning for the time being for some hardcore FPSC-age, and I have two questions I'm sure some of you can answer.

1. I have created a couple custom segments, and I'm wondering if there is a way to specify in the .FPS file for it to use a different ceiling than the floor of the segment (using the auto-ceiling feature).

and...

2. I only own widescreen LCD monitors (lucky me!). Do any of the more recent updates offer a way to change the aspect ratio to something that fits my screen, like 16:9? Is this planned in any new updates? It's really hard to develop and level design accurately if everything is twice as wide as it should be. haha

also:

3. Does anybody happen to have a copy of "Convert It"? It's a image conversion tool Darkfact made many moons ago, used for converting .TGA and .JPG to .DDS. This would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you! Anybody who gives a substantial answer gets a free box of kittens!

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2009 05:11
Quote: "Hello TGC, some of you might remember me. I am returning for the time being for some hardcore FPSC-age"

You've stopped playing Halo 3 long enough to come back and post

DOn't know about questions 1 or 2 but as for number 3, is this the thread you were looking for?

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2009 06:09
Wow, thanks man! I went to the update thread instead, and the link there was down so I gave up hope. Forgot about the attachment feature!

And yeah I know. I like binged on the game for so long. I only need one more achievement to have all of the available achievements right now! ha.

I always see you playing Halo Wars, so don't even go there.
JZ28
Years of Service
User Offline
for your second question there is no way to change the aspect ratio, only the screen resolution, and to change the screen resolution you go into the setup.ini file and change them there. If you have an Nvidia 7+ (maybe 6) card than you can change it in the control panel under video image settings depending on what version you have.

Hate no one, for hate is a starving beast who has just found its prey.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2009 05:10
Ugh, Lee should really look at that, considering the number of people who use widescreen monitors these days.

Thanks though.

Anybody have an answer for number 1?

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 8th Jul 2009 05:14
wait, are you serious about the kittens?!

shadow666
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 8th Jul 2009 06:23
Quote: "Anybody have an answer for number 1?"

To my knowledge, there is no way. Auto ceiling adds a floor on top. I've tried to make room segs with a ceiling, but auto ceiling keeps putting the floor up there.

I don't want any kittens either. Next time use protection.

Brian.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2009 08:26
Quote: "wait, are you serious about the kittens?!"

Yeah totally. I have a shipping crate full of 200 kittens to compensate the posting in this thread.

Thanks for the answer xplosys. I've been trying the same thing, but I thought I was doing something wrong. haha

That couldn't be THAT hard for them to implement in the next update. They should definitely do that.

Thanks again everyone!

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 8th Jul 2009 11:16
The floor/ceiling theory is possible.Modifying the segment to also add a ceiling and remove the line to add auto ceiling(which is possible but forgot what file).

[href]http://chargedstudios.netne.net/index.htm[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
Kalex91
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 12:05
A box of kittens LMAO
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 15:04 Edited at: 10th Jul 2009 15:05
Hey Inspire, hows it going. Nice kittens.

A app that I use often, dds converter. Lastest version 2.1.
The home page for the product was down when I checked, yet here's another link if any one is interested. HERE[/href]
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 21:30
Quote: "The floor/ceiling theory is possible.Modifying the segment to also add a ceiling and remove the line to add auto ceiling(which is possible but forgot what file).
"

Yeah, that wouldn't work though because you couldn't erase the ceiling as you would a floor. You know what I mean?

@ deca:

What's up? Glad to see you're still around.

Thanks for the link, but I think I'll stick with ConvertIt!

I miss DarkFact.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 01:52
I'm sure there's something you can tinker with in one of the setup files that allows you to switch on "1" or switch off "0" auto ceilings. Can't remember where thought. Have a read through the change log file as it's mentioned in there,

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 08:05
Well, auto-ceilings aren't really a problem since you can always erase them.

Either way, the problems are solved, thanks for everybody's contributions.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 19:16:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 19:16:53