Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / It was working for a second, then it wasn't.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I installed Dark GDK a while ago, and accidentally got the newest DX9 SDK instead of the August 2007, so I uninstalled it, and installed the older one, but now it's still saying it can't find dplayx.lib. What's wrong here?
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 04:09
Usually you have to install Dark GDK after the SDK for Direct X.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 10:14
If you have mucked up the install of the DirectX SDK, I would suggest un-installing all of the directX SDK version that you currently have, aswell as un-installing GDK.

Once it is all un-installed, re-install DirectX SDK(aug07), once that has installed, fire up the Visual Studio IDE BEFORE you attempt to re-install GDK.

If that doesnt work, then you will need to go one step further and un-install everything down to Visual C++ Express and start again(might be the easiest way if you are not sure what to do)..basically un-install everything, reboot, and re-install like it was the first time you did, VSC++ 08 first(run once before anything else is installed) then DirectX SDK, then DarkGDK.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
Kylontario
Years of Service
User Offline
I just tried that really long method above me, and I got to the last part, except that I can't find an uninstaller for VC++, and the control panel doesn't have it listed either. And it still won't run. Does this mean I can't use it at all until I get my new computer?
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2009 06:08
Or wipe your hard drive and re-install the OS from scratch.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 08:18:13
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 08:18:13