Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Data storing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2009 00:18
I have created a little game using DarkGDK and i want to show it to my friends, the gamename.exe wont work without the file that contains the data (such as sounds / images etc.), and here is the problem, i made a file that contains the .exe file and a file which contains sounds/images/objects etc. but anyone can edit the images and objects, is there a way to make these files editable by the game creator only?

PS: it might have nothing to do with the darkGDK, but i would really like to know how to do this :/
Cryptic Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2009 08:02 Edited at: 8th Jul 2009 08:06
I thought about this in the past as well. You could write an encryption program. Then encrypt all of the image, mesh, sound and other files except the exe file. Place required code in the exe that decrypts the files, copies them to the hard drive, make your DarkGDK calls, shred and delete the decrypted files.

It is a lot of work but in fact it is possible to do. I heard about a product named MoleBox and have looked into it a bit. For the higher priced version it could save you a ton of time. Maybe somebody here who has used MoleBox allready knows how well it actually works.

I am not to the point of using it yet.

CrypticDragon

You know for a fact that you have reached the edge when you can absolutely see sound!
Cryptic Dragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2009 08:05 Edited at: 8th Jul 2009 08:07
Let me know if you try MoleBox and how well it works.

CrypticDragon

You know for a fact that you have reached the edge when you can absolutely see sound!
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2009 11:06
Awesome, i downloaded a trial version and it works, thanks alot CrypticDragon.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 05:51:20
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 05:51:20